any Ford Focus owners here?

17 minutes ago, BeatCJ said:

I suspect it has something to do with the axle shafts and the crankshaft being parallel.

Me too. Nothing against cars this way, they just seem way too complicated for their own good. 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I got to ring out the Focus on a roadtrip Sunday/Monday.  Had a funeral to go to up in Pittsburgh....750 miles in 24 hours (round trip).  She ran like a rocket, lol.  Averaged about 35 mpg and not a single hiccup.  5th gear in this thing is DEEP.  It loves 72 mph @ 3000 rpm, it can live there all day.  If I pushed it up to 80, I was only taching 3200.  Not too shabby for a 20 year old vehicle with 186K on it.:beerbang:

20210308_180137.jpg

• 7 months later...

Scored big at the junkyard today.  OEM trans mount/"dogbone" for the focus.  Cast steel.  NLA from any dealership.  Had to pull 3 of them before I found the right one, lol. Aftermarket replacements are aluminum, and total pieces of crap that last a year at best.  Ive gone through 2 of them in the last couple years.  The factory ones are BEEF.  Cleaned it up and swapped it in this afternoon, total cost of $9.😆 

20211106_115144.jpg

I'm going to run back down there tomorrow (I'm off tomorrow and Thursday:banana:) and grab a set of front struts off a different Focus a couple rows down.  Someone already took both steering knuckles off.....they're just hanging there for the sake of a 13mm socket, which I didn't bring with me the other day.  Mine are at 200K, and from the looks of them they are still the factory ones.  Driverside one is getting a bit sloppy, too.  These ones I'm grabbing are off a 2007, and are still all nice and shiny looking.  Boots aren't torn either.  Bound to be an improvement for me, at least the cheap side of me thinks LOL.

Yeah.  That's what I said....

Funny thing, my junkyards used to have all of their parts prices posted up on big sign boards as you walked into the 'yard.  They took them down last year, so you have to ask what a part costs before you go pick it, if you're the least bit curious about what it might cost.  Glad I asked.