How do I turn her into a real HO?

I have two MJs with enough parts between them to make one decent truck. One of the trucks is a 92 the other an 88. The drivetrain and wiring harness from the 92 will be going into the 88 unibody. Is there anything outside of that that I will need when doing this swap? Is there a difference in the HVAC system? Fuel pump?

7 hours ago, Smokeyyank said:

cruiser54 has all your answers.....

His site didn't have the information I was looking for, although there is a lot of cool stuff there. What I really want to know is, are there any parts outside the drivetrain and wiring harness that are exclusive to 91+92? I'd hate to scrap something that I then have to go pull from the junkyard or buy new.

I put 91 stuff into my 89, the HVAC and most of the stuff under the dash was plug and play, i didn't even pull the dash out for the swap, the cluster will need swapped.

You definitely will want the fuel pump/ sending unit, the sending units sweep backwards between Renix and HO, i had to swap the fuel lines too for my swap.

I seem to remember the wiper motor plugs being different so you may want to pull it or at least keep the plug to it. Also make sure you get the entire harness or you will be splicing the rear harness into the dash harness, the plugs are different between Renix and HO,i didn't get the 91 rear harness and had to splice mine.

Probably more that I'm forgetting but that should help some.

I just did an OBD1 conversion on my MJ from a 93 XJ. I'd say the biggest change is the flywheel, be prepared to drop that transmission. It's easy work, but still a pain. Be sure to buy the shorter gear for the speedo as the electronic speedo pickup uses a different length. You've also got to weld on the bracket under the dash for the brake light switch to contact the pedal. I assume you have an adapted HO engine in your truck, otherwise there are a few engine sensors that won't work, such as the TPS and coolant temp/ air temp. Other than these things, it's a pretty straight forward swap. I'd also love to get my hands on that 92 fuel sender if you change your mind! haha