Whats the max lift you can get without SOA! 2-3 inches & How?

Anyone ever lift the rear of a MJ without installing a SOA swap. 

Also, in your procedure. How & what kinda lift did you get with the rear shackles?

Looking to lift my MJ around 3 inches in the rear. Planning to drive if on some basic trails, no rock climbing :p! 

thanks!Screenshot_20181226-091829_Facebook.jpg.aed18a66db7919bfa003e993e06f8135.jpg

new leafpacks are out there that will give you what you seek. :L:  Or you can get an AAL, but be warned that XJ AALs are frequently sold as MJ but will lift an MJ less than an XJ because we already have have more arch in our leafs.

longer shackles will only give maybe a half inch.  Because it only lifts one side, the height gain is only half of the extra length of the shackle (plus MJ shackles are already longer than XJ ones).

When I did my 4x4 swap, I put in 4x4 front springs and an extra spring isolator on each side, this gave me about 1 1/2 to 2 inches of lift over the stock 2wd springs in the front. Which made the front sit higher than the rear. I extended (welded) a set of stock Chevy shackles by 3-4 inches and was able to level it out. I wouldnt go any longer than this with rear shackles though. You can buy Chevy rear drop shackles to bolt on the MJ for lift, and you might get enough for what you need. but if you want any more than that, youll need new springs.

The Trailmaster 4" lift that was on my red '88 when I bought it was a short AAL in the rear. It got the job done, but it rode like a tank. A full-length AAL would (or should) have delivered a better ride.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2019 at 5:13 PM, JMO413 said:

I bought Rusty's 4.5" with rear springs. It was fairly cheap and had springs. When I bought the truck it had a broken spring. I like it overall rides a little rough. What I would expect for a 4.5" lift.

Thanks! I contacted a local shop, gonna meet him after i pull the old ones. Looks like he can fabricate me a pair that will have more height. Giving me a few inches of lift, sorry for the last reply thanks guys!

On 1/2/2019 at 6:13 PM, JMO413 said:

I bought Rusty's 4.5" with rear springs. It was fairly cheap and had springs. When I bought the truck it had a broken spring. I like it overall rides a little rough. What I would expect for a 4.5" lift.

I love my Rusty's 4.5" kit as well.  Gets the job done and doesn't break the bank.

8 hours ago, Pete M said:

make sure that when he's done the tire is centered in the wheelwell.  :L:  and hang on to the old leafs.  someone might have need of them.

I'll second this.  Sold my stock MJ leaves for a decent profit.