What does "Puke Goat" mean?

MJCanadian

90 is the transition year. Sorry, but you'll have to look to know if its the peugeot or the later AX-15. The middle of the peugeot case has a left side and a right side and bolts together along the top and bottom seams. With the AX-15, this area is a complete donut of metal and it only bolts forward to the bellhousing and rearward to the back half.

90 is the transition year.

Correction -- '89 was the transition year. I have an '89 2WD 4.0L MJ that has an AX-15 in it, and since the floor cutout is different from that in an '88 with the Peugeot, I'm 99.9 percent certain it's factory.

90 is the transition year.

Correction -- '89 was the transition year. I have an '89 2WD 4.0L MJ that has an AX-15 in it, and since the floor cutout is different from that in an '88 with the Peugeot, I'm 99.9 percent certain it's factory.

why did everything seem to match between my 98xj and the 88mj? Well, besides utilizing a few new screw holes, the shifter panel fit right in with no hesitation.

I feel like crap. well, I mean I feel sick. but then I feel like crap... the investment in the 89 has just lost value. as a result of this post, I've figured out that it's got a ba10/5 in it. that makes me sad. it also makes the $$$ I originally purchased it for too high...although I did get a dana 44 rear. and I got mint floors...bad rockers though. full skid plate package...

well, thanks for the help...i guess :(

I feel like crap. well, I mean I feel sick. but then I feel like crap... the investment in the 89 has just lost value. as a result of this post, I've figured out that it's got a ba10/5 in it. that makes me sad. it also makes the $$$ I originally purchased it for too high...although I did get a dana 44 rear. and I got mint floors...bad rockers though. full skid plate package...

well, thanks for the help...i guess :(

kinda like the D35, i've absolutely beat the piss out of my puke-goat for the past 20,000 miles (192,500 on the origional transmission) i don't know how it was driven before me but i frequently slam gears around and i KNOW it has been out of fluid two times for at least a month, and she still shifts GREAT... makes noise but shifts great.

it will blow eventually, and I'm trying to replace it... but it's not THAT bad.

lol time for an aw4 with manual shift package...

got one waiting for that day in storage, ;)

and I'm lining up an AX15 cause i can't imagine driving my truck wihtout shifting... having separation issues with the standard jamminz.gif

hehe, I'm gonna do it with a shifter joystick like you'd see on an arcade...shift through the 3 gears plus overdrive, downshift. placing it into D, N, and R will be accomplished with a custom setup I think...not sure how to do that yet, but I'll figure it out.

oh, and the shifter will have a red button on top to lock in the torque converter...I'll put the gear indicator lights in the gauge cluster in the bottom of the tachometer. should be a pretty nifty little project.

sorry, Its mike, you invited me here from facebook 8) good call on your part. MJ's goin good, got all the floors welded and sealed up, passed safety and now shes my daily driver. 4x4 conversion aint gunna be for a while but check the thread http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/view ... highlight=

"More Power for 4.0" thinkin about swapping 3.07 in the rear for a 3.55

First heard about the aw4 shift kit in that group on facebook you were talking about.

sorry, Its mike, you invited me here from facebook 8) good call on your part. MJ's goin good, got all the floors welded and sealed up, passed safety and now shes my daily driver. 4x4 conversion aint gunna be for a while but check the thread http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/view ... highlight=

"More Power for 4.0" thinkin about swapping 3.07 in the rear for a 3.55

First heard about the aw4 shift kit in that group on facebook you were talking about.

lol, it's ok correct that you're lena? I've invited a few people :P

don't put a dana 35 in btw. upgrade it.