Still love this truck

shelbyluvv

I have been without Onyx for about 9 months. We've been getting settled in the new house and she is perfect for hauling stuff to my work shop.

The 3500 is a nice truck but I absolutely love my old girl. Even though she may have a cracked block it never gets hot and the oil pressure is still 50+ psi. 3bb3523203c80b72e2811511b2195b8e.jpg

I know how ya feel  hoping to get that throttle body and linkage into my girl this winter and actually putter around the yard.  then see what all else has gone wrong in the last few years.  baby steps. 

For quite a few years, my MJ was a weekend-to-the-hardware-store truck.  For probably 5 years, I put on less than 1000 mile per yr.  I started to drive it more frequently and remembered how much I love it.  I was also looking to get another vehicle to be a DD.  No new cars/trucks captured my interest.  I then started to look at getting the MJ a "refreshing."  I spent less to have it refreshed (engine rebuild, rust repair and repaint) then a new vehicle would cost.  Now my MJ looks (almost) new.  It is my DD.  I receive lots of compliments almost daily.  I plan on keeping it another 30+ years.