High beams not working.

10 minutes ago, Dixie said:

Did they work prior to the harness? Do the high beam indicators come on in the instrument cluster?

Work perfectly until I install the harness. I also install the same harnesss on my XJ and everything works like it should. 

Yeah, you might want to check the relays. Some of those harnesses come with some nasty relays. I swapped the relays in mine out with some nice OEM relays and always keep a spare around. That's the only thing that could almost be called a downside of adding the relay harness - you've added a single point of failure that can shut down your high beams or low beams. Course, your headlight switch catching on fire might shut down more than just your headlights.

7 hours ago, SVPete said:

Did the harness come with two relays? Maybe try swapping the relays? If the lows stay off and the highs come on, that is likely the problem.

I’ll will try that this afternoon after work and see if that fixes the problem. 

23 minutes ago, Dixie said:

I had the same problem and it turned out to be a frayed wire. Purple with a white tracer. 

Does the high beam light in the gauge cluster turn on when you switch it on, at least?

Yea it turns on when switched on. 

In order to pass inspection, can't you simply restore it to the original configuration since it was working before you installed the supplemental harness?  That would be the best troubleshooting option at the moment. If the headlights work properly again, then you received a bad harness that you can return for replacement.

3 hours ago, SVPete said:

In order to pass inspection, can't you simply restore it to the original configuration since it was working before you installed the supplemental harness?  That would be the best troubleshooting option at the moment. If the headlights work properly again, then you received a bad harness that you can return for replacement.

yes I can do that.  My inspection isn't until January of next year so I got some time.  I will take it apart and see if I nicked a wired on the install and go from there.  Worst case is i just uninstall it and call it a day.