Headlight grounding issue?

I am having headlights go out on the passenger side. I’ve put two in that I’ve had on the shelf for a while and they work fine for a while then quit. I just checked the plug for bolts and it had 10.91 was pretty steady. Didn’t change from high to low though... I have checked the harness and do not see any grounds that I may have missed. It’s a stock harness as well

I suggest unplugging EVERY electrical connection in the engine bay you can find, whether engine related or not, and spraying it out with a good electronics cleaner, visually inspecting the terminals making sure they haven’t retracted into the plastic holder, and then plugging it back together.

There’s a critical 10-pin connector for the front lighting system located in front of the air cleaner and behind the left headlight assembly. Don’t miss that one. Also be sure that the connectors to the ballast resistor mounted near the air cleaner housing are clean and tight.

ALL of the relays should be removed, the terminals wire-brushed until shiny, and the receptacles sprayed out with contact cleaner. Then plug them back in. I do this on every Renix Jeep I purchase or work on for someone else.

10 pin connector wire colors.jpg

10 pin connector.jpg

10 pin lighting connector.jpg

I changed the headlight out last night with the last one out of my collection. And it’s working fine for now. I cleaned the connectors when I reinstalled the motor but I will unplug and clean the connectors tonight. It’s easy enough and wouldn’t hurt to be sure. Should I get some of the electrod ggrease? I figure it would help to try and keep all the moisture out. 

"Electrical grease" usually means dielectric grease, which is an insulator, not a conductor. IMHO you would do better to use something like Ox-Gard, which is mineral oil based and conductive, and is intended to prevent corrosion on electrical terminals.