pucker factor

mjeff87

By definition:

When you are lying on your back, the whole way under your Jeep (which is being held up by a floor jack), trying to reinstall your POS front driveshaft, and a black widow spider decides to crawl up onto your chest.

Good times.

By definition:

When you are lying on your back, the whole way under your Jeep (which is being held up by a floor jack), trying to reinstall your POS front driveshaft, and a black widow spider decides to crawl up onto your chest.

Good times.

Gives you that sick uneasy feeling in the pit of your stomach to find one of those on ya. Got them here too. As a matter of fact I’m spraying today. Give us the rest of the story how did you resolve that one?

88 Pioneer 4x4 auto LB D30/D44
88 Eliminator 4x2 5sp SB D35

LOL.  I watched him crawl up my chest until I could reach him, then quickly flicked him off of me.  He landed right beside me, and a quick smoosh with a balled up shop rag terminated his existence.  I was lying on my back with the crossmember about 3 inches above my nose, and couldn't really wiggle out from underneath in any way that wouldn't have gotten me bit.

I try not to kill anything if I can help it, insect or otherwise.  But black widows and ground wasps gotta go.  My yard is seemingly infested with snakes as well, I almost stepped on one sunning itself yesterday, and uncovered 3-4 other baby ones in my mulch.  Those don't bother me.

10 minutes ago, mjeff87 said:

My yard is seemingly infested with snakes as well, I almost stepped on one sunning itself yesterday, and uncovered 3-4 other baby ones in my mulch.  Those don't bother me.

Had a snake incident just yesterday evening. Heard shrieking coming from the garage. The ladies discovered a snake under a vacuum cleaner and I went to look at it. Turned out to be a harmless garter snake which I calmly picked up and carried outside while the wife and daughter were going bananas yelling "kill it!". Nope, he lives on to continue killing mice and other vermin outside the house. No such thing as a "good" snake to them.  :nuts:

We live on a lake so there's plenty of water snakes, even the occasional moccasin and copper head at times. Gus the Cocker usually dispatches them, but he's getting older now and isn't as sharp as he used to be. He's trying to teach our new poodle the trade, but that little designer semi-dog wants no part of them.  Little POS.....

26 minutes ago, HOrnbrod said:

Gus the Cocker usually dispatches them, but he's getting older now and isn't as sharp as he used to be. He's trying to teach our new poodle the trade, but that little designer semi-dog wants no part of them.  Little POS.....

That's all those cigarettes Gus used to smoke.......:laugh:

Rattlers, cottons, coppers, widows, recluses, even the occasional gator. It seems as though there is a mutual understanding out here, though. You could walk over a cotton mouth and if it's just relaxing, it won't even be phased, as long as you leave it alone. 

Don.....:beerchug:

I had a recluse on my back/shoulder ONE time, way back when I was stationed at Ft. Jackson SC.  Had no idea it was there, I was resting/leaning up against a tree outside the Px, and a guy came up behind me and whacked me on my back.  I spun around expecting a brawl (I didn't see him coming).  He very quickly pointed to the ground to show me why he hit me.  That's the one and only recluse I've ever had experience with.  Widows seem alot more prevalent down here where I'm at now.

I actually pick up non-poisonous spiders found inside the house (if the cats don't get them) and relocate them....my wife is highly arachnophobic.  She'd just as soon smash them into a pile of goo right where they are, which more often than not just happens to be on the nice, painted wall.  Either that or she runs away in a panic calling my name.

back when I was living in a shed, I woke up with a black widow on my belly. Even without my glass on it was pretty distinctive and utterly terrifying. Now, I have a few dozen brown recluses in my half unfinished garage I have to clear out every spring. I no longer keep any gloves in there, and thankfully they are uninterested in my house.

I grew up in the suburbs of southern michigan.  spent a lifetime catching spiders and whatnot in little cups and taking them outside so they could carry on with their day.  live and let live, I say. :D   these days I spend a lot of my time in the backwoods of georgia and the 6/8 legged wildlife there can GO TO HELL! :fistshake1: it's like living in a damn jungle.  Everything is super duper aggressive, even the worms!  I keep on top of the spraying and do it with a smile on my face, sometimes while muttering obscenities under my breath.  see what you've done to me georgia?  you've broken one of my core beliefs in ways I didn't think possible.  :crazy: