92 short bed - D44! York PA

7 hours ago, kryptronic said:

I looked at this truck last weekend.  It's beyond repair, sad to say.  It was a tow rig beat hard all it's life.  I would say at least half of the rear frame has disappeared over time due to rust.  

Krypto, I've been keeping an eye on this listing also. Says the HO motor only has 75k, but you're saying it's been worked hard huh? What about the extra bed, I'm interested in that too if it's as rust free as the ad says. Thanks for any info. :L:

2 hours ago, WahooSteeler said:

Krypto, I've been keeping an eye on this listing also. Says the HO motor only has 75k, but you're saying it's been worked hard huh? What about the extra bed, I'm interested in that too if it's as rust free as the ad says. Thanks for any info. :L:

I looked at it and he said his bottom line price is $1200 because he thinks it's worth that in parts.  I doubt it.

The unibody is cracked in half at the steering box.  As in the front is fully detached from the side rail.  The frame underneath is missing substantial portions in all areas.  About half the frame is not there.

The rear is a D44, he confirmed one of the axels was rusted frozen due to exploded and corroded drums.  Springs did not appear to be MT height, but I didn't count leafs.  No MT badge on the tailgate.

Every single body panel and part was rusted through or needed serious repair.  Interior looked like you'd expect for a plow rig.  I didn't see the second bed.

I said tow rig above.  I meant plow rig, that's what the seller said. Obviously covered in salt and left that way.  Engine bay looked unmaintained.  I didn't even bother asking him to start it.

The seller seems honest and is a nice guy.  The sum total of it's usable parts probably doesn't cover his $1200 asking price.  

I saw 'rusted beyond repair' in the ad, and figured that sounded like a challenge, so I took a look.  Unfortunately this 92 was far gone years ago.

Kevins a great guy, and has that magic "rare-jeeps-

fall-into-his-lap-all-the-time gene" i can only dream of 

having, but hes not a comanche guy. Hes a breaker. 

So if you really want a specific part, let him know.

I'm sure once the money gets to a certain point he'll

start parting it out.

• 11 months later...