Any known problems with the 2018 Grand Caravan?

Incommando

if I remember right, we had 140k on our 2010 when we sold it and the only issues we had over that time were a cracked plastic coolant splitter and a bad relay socket for the rad fans.  other than that is was peachy. :L:   the only reason we no longer have it was we needed more towing power and got a durango.  

I do miss that stow-n-go seating! :D 

On 5/6/2018 at 7:09 PM, Pete M said:

if I remember right, we had 140k on our 2010 when we sold it and the only issues we had over that time were a cracked plastic coolant splitter and a bad relay socket for the rad fans.  other than that is was peachy. :L:   the only reason we no longer have it was we needed more towing power and got a durango.  

I do miss that stow-n-go seating! :D 

We had 275k on our 2004 when it got totaled.  1 trans solenoid and 1 starter. the only two non-maintenance things we did to it.  We replaced with an Expedition.

They have been putting these vans out since 1984, long before the first MJ saw daylight, so Dodge must be doing something right. The biggest problem they have is their rapid depreciation rate. Drive it till it dies, or gets totaled. 

I'm a Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram dealer tech. Those vans are decent if cared for properly. The 3.6 is almost 300 HP, so its no slouch, and the 6 speed trans is OK compared to other Chrysler trannies. They hold their own long term and are generally easy to maintain. I don't think youll regret the purchase.

you'll love it :L:   I do miss ours. :(   Don't get me wrong, the durango is a great ride in lots of ways, but it's no minivan.  not enough cupholders, not enough cubby holes, and not enough interior space.