Gladiator, Green Light?!!

GirsMJ86

the "new" gladiator concept looks nice...

but at heart it's really one giant piece of $#!&.

i don't want a fullsize truck powered by a f*ing 2.8 (that means no small engines) and based off a long structurally unsound frame.

but at heart it's really one giant piece of $#!+.

i don't want a fullsize truck powered by a f*ing 2.8 (that means no small engines) and based off a long structurally unsound frame.

the corporation knows how to make a truck i doubt they'd use a 2.8v6 in a fullsize. anything they make has to compete with the other brands and it can't do that if its underpowered

but at heart it's really one giant piece of $#!+.

the corporation knows how to make a truck i doubt they'd use a 2.8v6 in a fullsize. anything they make has to compete with the other brands and it can't do that if its underpowered

first, the gladiator concept is powered by a 2.8 diesel.

B, chrysler no longer owns jeep, so no offense, but none of us really knows what they know.

and 3, take a look at fullsize frames...yeah, kinda doesn't instill confidence in your heart does it? yay rusting out and twisting more than your suspension can flex!

I'm also anti-glass top.

idk anything about frames but most jeeps that were offered with diesels didn't sell that many with the diesel... it'd have to have a gas option engine... and hopefully not the 3.8 :roll: anyone have pics of the gladiatior concept? i don't remember which one it is

idk anything about frames but most jeeps that were offered with diesels didn't sell that many with the diesel... it'd have to have a gas option engine... and hopefully not the 3.8 :roll: anyone have pics of the gladiatior concept? i don't remember which one it is

hehe, you made me chuckle. I like my 3800.

as far as the concept goes, it DOES only come with the 2.8 diesel. not a good option for the size IMO

Nope, sorry to tell you, but Jeep is actually an American company, once again. The Jeep site was updated not all too long ago (since the Cerberus buyout) and here is what is stated at the bottom, exact quote:

Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Mopar and Chrysler Financial are registered trademarks of Chrysler LLC.

Now, Chrysler LLC is the NEW Chrysler. Before it was known Daimler Chrysler Corporation. Since Jeep is a division is Chrysler LLC., that means it is still a Chrysler product, and not a Daimler product.

With Jeep still under Chrysler that means we still get POS designs, like the new Liberty which will be replacing the Commander next year (its a baby commander, and the Commander isn't selling like hot cakes as Chryco had once hoped it would. My only thought of this, is the Liberty is now going to be seeing the toilet as well (the looks on the commander don't sell, the Libby's new looks won't either). I've only seen two of those ugly as sin Compasses roaming the streets, and maybe 15 total Patriot's. The JK's however seem to have a good foot, I've seen probably a few hundred already, and the numbers continually grow at a steady rate. I'm still waiting to see the 10th WK Grand Cherokee around. I see used WJ's and ZJ's heading off the lots faster than new or used WK's. the XK's don't seem to leave the lots either. and the 4dr JK's seem to be a better seller than the 2dr ones.

This is all not opinion, but rather my findings from seeing fellow/enemy Jeeps on the streets, or at the dealer lots.

Also, to get into the funny part of the who owns who thing in the auto world, if you had payed attention a few years back, Cerberus purchased the leading shares of GMAC Financial, essentially, General Motors' back end. Now, they also hold Chrysler Financial, meaning Hummer and Jeep are financially under one roof. Cerberus was also making an effort to purchase Land Rover, however, I have not heard the latest of the Land Rover purchase, so I'm not sure if they are still up for grabs, or if they have been purchased by Cerberus, or another buyer.

i don't care much, as far as jeep goes the end of the TJ and WJ marks the end of anything i would wheel.

and i don't like either of those that much either. :roll: albeit i have seen a BADarse WJ on 37s with D44/D60 and 5.9 and coils. 8)

and rubicons are friggin sweet

as far as the concept goes, it DOES only come with the 2.8 diesel. not a good option for the size IMO

haha, i was actally thinking about the dodge minivan engine in the newer jeeps

but now that i think about it that one was pretty funny so I'm gonna shut up and let the joke ride. :D

the two aren't related are they? i thought yours was a camaro motor?

haha, i was actally thinking about the dodge minivan engine in the newer jeeps

but now that i think about it that one was pretty funny so I'm gonna shut up and let the joke ride. :D

the two aren't related are they? i thought yours was a camaro motor?

You are correct, Jeepco's motor came out of a late 90's slomaro. As for the minivan motor, well, I happen to know they make pretty decent power. Or at least they used to anyways, not sure about now though.

I don't know about a gladiator but now that they have the four door JK. I would love to see another scrambler with removable top and doors. If I had photo shop I would mock one up, becouse I think they would look sweet. My buddy has a four door JK and I firmly believe a hemi could fit in it easily.

Just think of it this way, in 20-30 years after the JY's start curshing all of our MJ/XJ's we will be looking at the current Jeeps to run :nuts: And I have to tell you the auto Co's are only going to build what majority of the new car buyers want ;)

So you have 2 ways to go: Adapt to the new Jeeps or start buying MJ / XJ's like Wildman so you can have a 50yr supply of parts :cheers:

Just think of it this way, in 20-30 years after the JY's start curshing all of our MJ/XJ's we will be looking at the current Jeeps to run :nuts: And I have to tell you the auto Co's are only going to build what majority of the new car buyers want ;)

So you have 2 ways to go: Adapt to the new Jeeps or start buying MJ / XJ's like Wildman so you can have a 50yr supply of parts :cheers:

I've already done the latter...going to go get info on one and pick it up later this week, and I got a lineup on yet another one :nuts:

OK, so we get the point that Pat is no longer a Jeep fan.

We can't keep 4dr JKs on the lot. And you have to wait over 6 months if you order one from Jeep (I know first hand). The new Libby will fail because they are ugly as hell, and I was JUST starting to like the old style. The Pat is halfway decent and look sweet on a lift and bigger tires. The Comp is a joke and should have never been added to the line. The Commanders are fine I guess and the new WJs are not halfway bad.

The Gladiator Concept was one of the best Jeep concepts in the last few years or so. There is no "glass top" Pat, it's a canvas top that can be "rolled" back (stupid idea). The side spare was bad as hell, as was the six speed trans. The engine that was in it can't be used anymore because it was the CRD that failed in most states because EPA was changing laws as this thing came out for the show in '05. The huge tires and ground clearance plus short over-hang made this thing one of the best Jeep trucks ever. IF it comes out I will be getting one rather then the 4dr, but only if I can get a Cummins, Hemi, or some other nice sized powerful engine in it.

Right now I can't decide if I want a 4dr, New Camaro, or see if the Gladiator comes out soon.

And I stuck this article up because I couldn't find the one printed in this months Jp Mag.

Now play nice all.

Alex

PS- The 4.0L V6 might make it into the JKs.

OK, so we get the point that Pat is no longer a Jeep fan.

hmm...no, I'm a Jeep fan. the new "jeeps" are not jeeps. they're like comparing a set of oakley sunglasses to the $15 Jokely's you get at the fair. they're just not the same.

that doesn't encompass the wrangler body-style I do like it.

but I say again, while the gladiator is a great concept and cool design, the engine choice was at best poor, and the fact that Jeep doesn't have a plant that could even be outfitted to build the long gladiator frame (which is also at best poor construction) kinda irks me. they couldn't retrofit it to do so in a year if they WANTED to.

so IF they go into production, it will be limited the first year. during that year they'd be "hand built" or built on a small time assembly line. during that time they'd be retrofitting one of their old wrangler manufacturing plants to build the gladiator...that would mean ordering new custom built machinery to accomodate the quite LONG wheelbase and frame dimensions of that jeep. that's the longest jeep that Jeep has thought of producing in the last 20 years, if not longer.

now, I like the body style but it needs a solid roof or sunroof, no ghey little "access" door on the driver's rear cab side, I like the bedside spare, and a bigger diesel...I wouldn't even buy or test one if it were gas powered.

so no, I don't hate jeeps. I hate the people IN CHARGE of jeep. I'm a jeep fan. they're just getting a paycheck to ruin everything that Jeep is and was.