College Budget 1987 MJ Build

I got the exhaust rerouted today and put the front driveshaft in, wow is that fun. AWD launches on a dirt road are too much for the clamp style tool box mounts. I’m going to have to drill holes and actually mount the tool box firmly I believe. It flew back and hit the wheel wells when I launched it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you should be able to swap in some ZJ shafts :L: 

I was thinking about doing that. I don’t know if I’m better off buying used in a junkyard or buying new from a parts store. I know my Toyota friends say that oem Toyota CVs are much beefier than what parts store offer, but I don’t know if the same applies for ZJ shafts

• 2 weeks later...

F8AE91C9-576D-421B-86C3-0044AF40756D.jpeg.61ad8569873f40ece24f369d8786a230.jpeg5233712C-19BF-45A1-ADAC-E5DB373946A4.jpeg.78eca0293ecacab82354dae7e416821e.jpeg015DCEDD-B861-4FE3-80E3-A2F82CB50526.jpeg.ada14589afbf9e7d2f786bc205c0aa84.jpeg

nothing huge, but I couldn’t convince myself to drill holes into the top of the bed rail for the tool box, and the crappy clamp things that were holding it in before were letting it move around, so here’s my solution. I took a piece of angle and put some nutserts into the bed rail and then a nutsert into the angle and hopefully it’ll stay. Even with the tool box removed I think the nutserts on that lip look cleaner than holes in the top of the bed rail. 

I was going through my REM data and noticed that the A/C signal always says on even though the A/C clutch is not always engaged and the A/C req is also always on even though the A/C is not on. I’m not sure why it is giving these signals when it’s not on

Can you get it to change when the AC Pressure Switch is disconnected?

I’ll have to try it out and find out. Also, on another note the front left caliper is locking up so I need to get another one of those....

• 2 weeks later...

Back to this question. Connect AC Pressure Switch.

When connected, it says AC ON and Yes required which according to the manual says “A/C clutch signal is active” and “Yes required means all conditions for A/C are met, but you can visually see the A/C clutch is not engaged.