The Golden Eagle MJ

Here is what the Spring retainer plate with the lower bumpstops looks like.  I made the hockey puck removable in case I need to quickly remove it for extended highway use.

IMG_20180520_150445.jpg

After finishing up the bumps I did some driveway Flexin' and I'm real happy with how everything turned out.  Final lift is 5 inches with 3 inches of up and 8 inches of down.  Rear is 2.5 inches of up 6 inches of down.  Now she's ready for the trails.

IMG_20180520_203318.jpg

IMG_20180520_203346.jpg

IMG_20180520_203450.jpg

IMG_20180520_135550.jpg

IMG_20180520_203301.jpg

IMG_20180520_203407.jpg

IMG_20180520_135423.jpg

Well I figured I would tackle the Boostwerks Ultimate Steering Brace today.  I chose the weld together kit for price and it let's me ensure a perfect fit on what may not be a perfect 30 year old Unibody.

IMG_20180523_071616.jpg

2 hours ago, HOrnbrod said:

You're starting to piss me off with all this high quality work you are accomplishing in record breaking time.    :fistshake2:

:laugh2:

Haha, gotta stay after it. Only 59 days till my Colorado trip.

12 hours ago, Swampy said:

It looks amazing. This and the zone offroad comanche are my build goals. Curious as to how the swaybar would would affect suspension travel?

Thanks brother and yeah the swaybar will definitely limit travel.  The factory links will eventually be replaced by quick disconnects.

4 hours ago, jbain said:

No sorry that's the only one I took.

Any of the finished product?  I've been dealing with the consequences of my cave-man fender trimming for years now and haven't decided how to do it.  Best I've come up with so far is completely removing the outboard half of the inner fenders and working them with an English wheel or something.  

11 hours ago, jbain said:

No, if I haven't uploaded them here than I've deleted them already.  My Notch flares cover them now so no way to to take any now.

Bummer.  

In the meantime keep updates coming!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to painting the Topper for The Eagle.  Prep is the worse part of a job like this but I'm glad it's finished.  Still need to install a couple windows and the rear hatch but I'm happy with how it turned out.

IMG_20180616_165020.jpg