Project MJ15

Well, finally after how long now, I have finished the painting of my 86 X. Sorry if I ended up copying any ideas, but I think it looks damn good now.

That's how she sits now. Thanks again rockhardzj for the emblems, they really seem to set it off right. For those that don't know or remember what she looked like, here's a couple pics of her before.

just got mine rattle canned..

Wow, that turned out nice. Just another side note on my project, I finally got the topper off for good today, but didnt have my camera with me, so no pics of it naked or with the racerback put on it. Even though the racerback is going on the 88, I'd still like to see how it looks on the 86.

• 2 weeks later...
we gonna get pics of anything else? :brows:

Why, yes you are. I am now in the update stages of both my trucks. Pics are in, and here we go.

My beauties sitting nicely next to eachother.

LOOK, she finally has teeth again.

Nice basic side view, topless now.

And, can't leave out the ComancheClub.com sticker with a side view.

So, all in all how's she look now?

so, when yall rattle can these things, how do you get between the bed and cab... seems like a LITTLE to much work to remove the bed just to rattle can the back of the cab ;)

I just got a hardon.

the 86 looks TOTALLY wicked now. when are you gonna put that...other thing...in the 86?

some more pics of the 88 with the VISOR available? man you got one hell of a set of trucks goin there...

and hey, I may be able to give you 4.10's in your rear axle on the 88 again with the one I'm getting...it would be getting an 8.8 regardless of whether it was streeted or not.

so, when yall rattle can these things, how do you get between the bed and cab... seems like a LITTLE to much work to remove the bed just to rattle can the back of the cab ;)

I just got a hardon.

the 86 looks TOTALLY wicked now. when are you gonna put that...other thing...in the 86?

some more pics of the 88 with the VISOR available? man you got one hell of a set of trucks goin there...

and hey, I may be able to give you 4.10's in your rear axle on the 88 again with the one I'm getting...it would be getting an 8.8 regardless of whether it was streeted or not.

Don't know about the rattle canning the back of the cab, I bought it from Alex (GIR) already in black. When I did the silver, I just sprayed a lil bit inbetween there, just enough to make it look good. Pat, TMI man, TMI. Sorry if my brain is absent yet again, but what are ya talking about putting in the 86? As for the pics of the 88, you already answered your own question in that thread. The 4.10's would be nice to have back in there, I'm really starting to hate the takeoff (or lack thereof) in the 88.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice Joe, was wondering what happened to her. lol. anyways, I'm too swamped with work now to do anything to mine. she might have to leave me cuz i just don't have time anymore. or at least her dents and blue cloud exhaust will not be fixed for a LONG time.

I see you kept my "ghost" J e e p tailgate letters i did, and that batman logo. lol.

PST: that grille would look badass silver also. just my 2 cents though.

Alex

• 1 month later...

we're gonna ditch the 2.8 on this, and next time beater comes to my house, we're planning on putting a 2.5 outta a 1985 xj in it (but with TBI intake). it will also get a swap to the manual ax5 4wd but retain the np242 selec-trac.

I'm pretty sure this will be a direct bolt-in project, but I'm going to keep the 2.5 harness from my 88 2.5 MJ just in case anyways (interior and exterior).

anyone ever tackeled this? speculations?

Joe just needs something that dosn't drink more oil than a hooker sucks...well...you know :D

• 2 months later...
Nice one Pat, and yea, any help on this kind of swap would be greatly appreciated.

4.0 auto schwaaap? SWEET! jamminz.gif

Yes indeed. 4.0 and AW4 will be going into it instead of the 2.5. The time frame has been pushed back though, due to my recent sickness. More mods will be taking place as well, such as we will be making the doors removable, switching over to gray interior, and if I can save up enough money, a small lift for it. Now the big question. What muffler does everyone think would sound better with a 4.uh oh auto; Flowmaster 40, or Flowmaster 50? Or, which moffler would you suggest that is somewhat affordable for my budget? Sound clips would be helpful as well.

I LOVE my Flowmaster 40 on my 91, and most others will tell you it sounds great. In fact there was a topic on this awhile ago and he came to the conclusion that the 40 sounded the best with all the sound clips that were posted. i forget who it was that started it though...

My 86 I am getting will be getting a 40 thrown on it, even with the 2.8. Not sure if i will true dual this 86 though or just split it after the 40...

Alex

While this project is deemed "Project X", and I have a tendency to call it "Old Man", it has finally been given it's official name. Pe Pe. I'm naming it that because of not only the color scheme on it right now, but because the 4.uh oh will be painted silver with black accessories, bellhousing, and tcase. The AW4 will be simply cleaned and semi-polished to appear silverish. The interior will also be carrying on the black and silver theme, as the dash, steering column, seats, and center console will be gray, while the trim pieces and headliner will be black. Pe Pe just seems to fit it all too well, with not only the color scheme, but also because the 4.uh oh/AW4 will be "peppy"er than the 2.8 that's currently in there. So, with all that black and silver, it makes it appear to be wearing a tuxedo (especially with the hood stripe (another reason it's now named Pe Pe)).

Yea, I know, maybe I'm a lil :nuts: or had one too many :cheers: , but I think it's a fitting name for it.

• 3 weeks later...

New plans have been added for PePe as well as Baby. PePe will be getting a 3" lift to start his growth spurt out. I'm also tossing idea around in my head for a custom made rear bumper/sliders. Further down the road, I'll be swapping the bed out for one in worse condition than what's on it now. Yes, I said worse condition; that's because it will end up being chopped up, and the one on it now is way too nice to do that to. Here's a major hint and clue; think mini M715. :brows: Or as Jeepco has called it, MJ15.