Carburetor Help?

Mechanical pumps do not use a return. 

Two reasons to run a return type regulator for a continuous running inline fuel pump-

Keeps the pump cool, pumps need to flow fuel to keep cool. 

Secondly, without  a return line, you stand a chance of flooding the engine with fuel when pump is running and engine is not. The pressure needs to go somewhere. 

You need to start from scratch. A good fuel pump will run you about $100-150, you need a good regulator and you need to run a return line. You also need to wire it properly. 

You need a new carb.

You need a proper fan. 

You need a plan, and some mechanical help, someone local with that can help you sort this out. 

The 2.5L (also 4.2L in Eagles and other Jeeps plus AMC V8s) with carb ran a 3 line fuel filter with a bleed back system that went to the fuel tank return to avoid vapor lock. The third line had to be kept in the 12:00 position with the filter horizontal to avoid running issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was sure the 2.8 mechanical fuel pump has a input, output and return.
58b6a30555e78d9b1162a0f10f1feb91.jpg

I do agree with all those suggestions they are the quickest way to get it running and running reliably. Too many things are just wrong or different compared to Original Factory Setup to diagnose it online.
I've no idea why the PO thought the 2SE was a tunable improvement unless he had a E2SE to begin with. Either way it is a POS carb that nobody bothered with 30 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes the factory 2.8 fuel pump had a return line ! No you don't need it ! If the pump you installed is supplying 5-8 psi then you're good . Yes you could hook it up and use it if you had a pump that put out to much psi and you had a regulator that utilizes a return line and yes it keeps the fuel cooler and stuff but it's not needed. I did exactly what I just told you to do to my truck and it works just fine and even still passes California emissions.

If you actually read the link I posted it tells you exactly how to adjust the carb and were the idle mixture screw is located etc.. Also I suggest that you ditch the stock fuel filter located in the back of the carb and install a inline filter ,  easier to service , inspect and you don't have to worry about messing up the threads ever.