~Unicorn~ MJ Lund Moonvisor

Dzimm

This is my last ditch attempt to aquire a Moonvisor for my MJ. I know everyone is looking for these and nobody seems to have them but it's worth a shot.

If anyone happens to have one in halfway decent shape, I would love to buy it or maybe work out a trade for my very good condition, gloss black XJ Moonvisor. If not, I'll be retrofitting my XJ visor on the MJ.

There is a guy on Facebook that makes them. The word he uses is repop. He has plenty and also can make then with the lights. I want to say he is 300 ish, but don't know if that includes shipping or not. Search for a guy name Frank Cote from warren, Rhode Island.

There is a guy on Facebook that makes them. The word he uses is repop. He has plenty and also can make then with the lights. I want to say he is 300 ish, but don't know if that includes shipping or not. Search for a guy name Frank Cote from warren, Rhode Island.

I talked to him a couple months ago and he said he doesn't make the ones with the lights but would consider trying. He never got back to me after that. Has he since posted lighted ones for sale? I can't find his Craigslist posts anymore and I don't see anything on what I'm guessing is his Facebook page.

You can retro fit lights onto them. All you have to do is get the covers off ebay then epoxy them onto the visor and get creative with the light mounting. I used 80's Charger side marker lights to cut up and epoxy to the inside of the visor. I did this to my old Dodge Ram a few years ago.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/kre-eb405rp/overview/

You can retro fit lights onto them. All you have to do is get the covers off ebay then epoxy them onto the visor and get creative with the light mounting. I used 80's Charger side marker lights to cut up and epoxy to the inside of the visor. I did this to my old Dodge Ram a few years ago.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/kre-eb405rp/overview/

That's not a bad idea. I had thought about using a Dremel and grinding out the recessed area so the lens would mount flush but I decided that was too risky on a $200+ visor. I will ponder your method of just gluing them on and see what I come up with.

I talked to him a couple months ago and he said he doesn't make the ones with the lights but would consider trying. He never got back to me after that. Has he since posted lighted ones for sale? I can't find his Craigslist posts anymore and I don't see anything on what I'm guessing is his Facebook page.

He is apart of the XJ/MJ group. He makes them with the lights now. 300 with lights 225 without.

He is apart of the XJ/MJ group. He makes them with the lights now. 300 with lights 225 without.

Awesome. I found him and sent him a message. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

cool franks a stand up dude

Yeah he's a good guy but I decided that I didn't like the lights he uses on them. His are a smaller dome type light Just on the front edge of the visor. And for about the same price as a used Lund, I'd rather get exactly what I want.

No issues with you getting exactly what you want. BUT, how about some LED's on the more available non lighted visor? Mount the lenses you want on top of the LED's??

That's a good idea but a non lighted visor runs at least $200 then the lenses and light kit run another $100. At $300 I'd rather get one already completed because I don't want to take the chance of screwing up a $200 visor when trying to put holes in it.

I'm trying to find a windshield swap for the unlighted one I have. I don't want to get pulled over for a broken windshield and risk losing the truck (3 things wrong means a vehicle inspection which I can't afford now on disability)

• 4 weeks later...

$175 gets me a windshield so my unlighted visor is out there for sale. Longbed pendaliner still here as well. I found a sliding rear window for mine but I still want to make mine a full width crank up glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk