European amber tail lights for my jeep comanche

Hi everybody.  I'm changing my residence to Europe (Spain) and of course I'm bringing with me my loved Comanche but I don´t know how to resolve the red tail lights issue because the trafic regulations I need a amber lighst and rear fog light. Any idea?. Thanks

I have seen pics of a few people installing 97+ xj lights in mj beds, requires metalwork, the euro spec xj taillights would work

The wiring will be a bit of work too.  Mabe disconnect the brake light switch from the stock wiring and run a separate circuit. connect the stock brake/turn to the dedicated turn signal. run the stock tail light to the low element of the new tail and the new circuit to the high element. reverse should be stock and you could add a switch for the rear fog.

The only thing wrong is the low element won't turn off when the brake lights turn on

or convert the wiring harness to an xj

(had to do the reverse of this when i swapped in a 91 xj drivetrain, used a trailer light controller to make the lights work)

They sold MJs in Europe, but not many.

I have considered this issue, because I don't like not having dedicated turn signals. As has been commented, the XJ had amber turns/hazards. What I would consider doing is sacrificing the backup lights. Rewire so the two bulbs in the red portion of the lights operate only as taillights and brake lights (which they do now). Split off the turn signal function and rewire that to the backup lights, using amber bulbs, using the wiring diagram for the XJ as the guide. Then mount auxiliary lights for backup, and an amber fog light for the rear fog light.

Are there junkyards in Spain or surrounding countries where you can source euro MJ tail lights? They did sell MJs in Europe right?

Jeep never offered EURO tail lamps for the MJ export models so they shouldn't be required since they were never manufactured. There were however amber parking lights offered for the front which are still available from aftermarket sources and occasionally as NOS originals; you will need these in Spain. Side turn signals may also be required (you can see them below on the fender) as the European export models were fitted with them from the factory.

Also you will be required to add a stand-alone red rear fog lamp like  the below. There are many mfg's for these and you can wire it up to your fog lamp switch if you have one.

e8127ab2bfeec3de8f63b8d8b52332be.jpg

I use amber bulbs in the backup lights wired as turn signals and a cheap clear light on the bumper wired as backup light and additional turn signals above the front wheels. The fog light issue i have never heard about before, and my mj passed inspection without them. No i don't live in spain but EU should in theory follow the same standard regulations when it comes to motorized veicles. So i just want to warn you, do your research well and see if you can get in touch with some local jeep or classic/muscle car club, they usually know the rules about importing US cars pretty well. There might be rules about lift, tires, engine swaps etc, but there might also be an exception for all thoose rules for foreigners bringing their own car, or cars older than 30 years! I remember a US citizen bringing his mildly buildt jeep to norway a couple of years ago who had to give up and ship it back because the paperwork to license a modified veicle was just unbelievable!