• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no decision on the color yet

DSC02478.JPG

pilot offroad lights installed.. ?? dunno they look to big to me

DSC02479.JPG

new project for today breath life into my old set of chromolly arms to install on Project FOUR-O so i can finally level her out or give the nose some altitude

DSC02480.JPG

DSC02481.JPG

do you actually wheel your jeeps?

why yes yes i do why do you ask?

14.jpg

this is grey before the green cheromanche .. flop. thats me inside

16.jpg

DSC01113.JPG

Rock XJ during last years Kauai Adventure trip

Rock XJ playing in some mud

Picture%20042.jpg

Picture%20044.jpg

grey flexing her shoes

flex.jpg

not tryin to be a jerk

it seemed like you were the type that puts tons of money into things and doing things that arent neccessary on a wheeling vehicle... but i guess my style of jeep is alot different than other peoples.. i only have what needs to be there

atleast you wheel yours though, ive seen tons of money poured into a rig but they niglect the axles and focus on cosmetic stuff which to me is useless...

ive seen tons of people put roof racks on their xjs... snorkles..and other things just for the "look" of a offroad truck...its kinda ghey to me haha

ive seen tons of people put roof racks on their xjs... snorkles..and other things just for the "look" of a offroad truck...its kinda ghey to me haha

*shrug* look at my bro's MJ. it's literally a mall-crawler.

but he's doing the necessary upgrades to axles (dana 44 rear) and 3.73 or 4.10 gears eventually. he likes his truck to be capable, even if he doesn't use it for that.

others just like their trucks to LOOK capable.

and I agree that's total b.s.

no offense taken its just now I'm at the point where i can afford some goodies on my rigs.

I'm just one of those well prep'd wheelers all axle components are alloy i keep spares in the tool box for everything(alt, starter, fuel pump, u joints,

bulbs, plugs, plug wires, coil, tps you get the jest of it) both have OBA and green xj has dual batts and premier welder. i use all my lighting, winches, and recovery gear and usually not on myself. most of the trips here in hawaii are either on another island (we do island trips once a year. put vehicles on ship and go to another island)or pretty remote in the hills so gotta be well prepared.

Kauai is especially wet with lots of deep water crossings IE snorkels

thanks all

PS the green XJ has no ammeneties the wiring harness has been stripped only enough wire to keep her running, under dash is stripped no heater or ac box just air intake and welder

hey, what did you do for waterproofing your wiring?

I am one of those people who would like a snorkel...one that functions, and a truck built to function along with it.

dielectric_grease_five_oz_big.gifHelps prevent corrosion and keeps moisture out of sensitive electrical connections. Use on spark plug wires, trailer hitch connections and other sensitive areas. Rated for -40F to 400F

Dialectric grease (Radio shack or kragen)is my friend i have it in every connecter possible. from brake lights to TPS & CPS. i also used RTV between Throttle body spacer, throttle body and rubber intake on throttle body.

I also like a very functional rig. I'm that guy that you wheel with who will break out an inverter and portable stove and cook up omelettes, rice(hawaii thing and i love rice) and have a nice cold Hieneken premium light. lol hmm making myself hungry. :D

Resized_invrice.jpg

Good luck with that knock-off snorkel from zjig.

It's a total piece of crap and will crack as soon as it's exposed to the sun.

Safari/ARB is actually in the process of suing him for an illegal counterfeit product.

Hope you have better luck with yours than I did with mine. Hopefully you weren't mislead like I was with mine with him stating it was an actual ARB product. I've noticed he's changed his listing's now as well...

Luckily with my dealing with Safari I got a real one out of the deal since I gave them my crap one to use in prosecuting him.

need more then luck with that thing I'm gonna have to reglass spots of it anyway.. i emailed him and asked him if it was home made because the quality was crap. the only thing safari on this snorkel is the top intake pre filter housing.

i was actually gonna have it rhino lined. should protect from the sun and be waterproof.

i was indeed misled by the ad and emails

I'm that guy that you wheel with who will break out an inverter and portable stove and cook up omelettes, rice(hawaii thing and i love rice) and have a nice cold Hieneken premium light. lol hmm making myself hungry. :D

ive seen him do it! i believe it was rice and some sort of meat. he is a good cook jamminz.gif

thats kens old Mj right?

its looking awsome!

Yup i think that day it was Rice with a tomatoe beef recipe and may have been coors light or coke LOL

yes that was kens old MJ

Control arms are done what a pain getting those old bushing out! found the secret after beating 3 of them to death. SCREW LOOSE works wonders soaks right in lets em pop right out almost effortlessly

DSC02482.JPG[/img]

Yup i think that day it was Rice with a tomatoe beef recipe and may have been coors light or coke LOL

yes that was kens old MJ

Control arms are done what a pain getting those old bushing out! found the secret after beating 3 of them to death. SCREW LOOSE works wonders soaks right in lets em pop right out almost effortlessly

DSC02482.JPG[/img]

Wow, them look like brand new arms. Nice job on them, and the advice to everyone on the screw loose. I have one of them myself, oh wait, wrong screw loose.

me too. my wife knows i have a screw or 2 loose :cheers:

Got more Ebay bling for the truck today. One set of trans temp and Fuel pressure gauges and senders. first impression of these gauges were WOW! great quality and good paperwork and hardware. (cheap too since they come with senders $37 each) install was fairly painless, but installing senders might take some time. gonna tap a treaded hole in thickest part of the oil pan and gonna get some brass fitting to put fuel sender right on the fuel rail pressure test port.

here's a few pics of gauges and mounting

DSC02483.JPG

DSC02484.JPG

DSC02485.JPG

they are tinted and multi colored will get some night pics later

hey my girlfriend is on vacation there in hawaii she told me she saw a big toyota dark green toyota or somethin out there.. do you know what or who that is? she said it was quite big

:D NOPE! lol Hawaii's actually pretty big. know what island she seen it on?

finished the final lift today and installed control arms. she has mild rake to the rear. gotta recenter axle bleed brakes and do a field alignment. thats how shes gonna sit

Projects left:

1. OBA Install

2. 4x4 Conversion (trans and transfer case here just waiting to find a cheap dana 30)

3. Final body and paint

4. Install senders for new gauges

5. CB install

here's a few pics of final lift

front%20final%20lift.JPG

left%20front%20angle.JPG

right%20side%20.JPG

control%20arms.JPG