Virgin door

I need to replace the drivers side door on my 90 as the bottom seam is rusted beyond repair.  I have a line on a new door that has never been on a vehicle.  No glass, etc. is installed in it.  How difficult is it to R&R the components from mine to the new door.  It will also need to be painted.  Right now it's primed with a pin stripe already on it.  Go figure.  Or should I just wait till I find a door from a donor vehicle that doesn't need all the work.  thanks

It takes maybe a couple hours at most to swap door guts over.  Nothing special is needed, just basic hand tools, other than you will need a drill/bits and some replacement rivets or 1/4" bolts and nuts to put the regulator and braces back in.  If you really want it to be nice I would order some of the weatherstripping and the door lock gasket at the same time.

Is it a new OEM door, or is it a repop?  I don't know what the repop XJ/MJ doors are like, but I had some for a Chevy truck and they were complete garbage; nothing ever fit right in them and they were obviously thinner metal than the OEM doors.

Dirty recommends the rebuild option because where he's from ( :Canadaflag:) there aren't any used doors available that have anything usable left except for some of the plastic and the glass.  :rotfl2:

OP, you're in CO; there are tons of good doors available. I bet Yella just down the road from you in the Springs has a stack of them for cheap and one maybe wearing the correct color for your rig. 

http://comancheclub.com/topic/50680-colorado-folks-lot-sale-yellas-5-15-liquidation-sale-updated-103/

Dirty recommends the rebuild option because where he's from ( :Canadaflag:) there aren't any used doors available that have anything usable left except for the glass.  :rotfl2:

OP, you're in CO; there are tons of good doors available. I bet Yella just down the road from you in the Springs has a stack of them for cheap and one wearing the correct color for your rig. 

http://comancheclub.com/topic/50680-colorado-folks-lot-sale-yellas-5-15-liquidation-sale-updated-103/

Yeah, I can't find good metal as easily as other people can.  I'm pretty fast at swapping door stuff around, I think I did all 4 on my XJ in 2 hours.

Yella is throwing out stuff that I would be running. :rotfl2:

Just wondering how much for the "new" door.  5 years ago I got a pair of doors with P/W & locks complete for $200.  Same color as my truck. 

Another advantage to the complete used door is that you don't have to spend time making the final adjustments to make sure everything fits just right.

Are you going to Anderson's, or making the drive to Denver?

I have the tail lights and the tail gate that you can see are no longer there.  I also have the emergency brake mechanism.  I've been getting parts for VW's and Subaru's at this yard for a long time as well.  This is my first effort at Jeeps.

I have the tail lights and the tail gate that you can see are no longer there.  I also have the emergency brake mechanism.  I've been getting parts for VW's and Subaru's at this yard for a long time as well.  This is my first effort at Jeeps.

And you know the difference between XJ and MJ bucket seat brackets. :)

Maybe, someday, we will bump into each other and make the world a little smaller... 

And you know the difference between XJ and MJ bucket seat brackets. :)

Maybe, someday, we will bump into each other and make the world a little smaller... 

Yes, perhaps!  That would be good.  Maybe CC members need a secret hand shake so we know who one another is beyond photos of jeeps and silhouettes. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

LKQ set another one!

Thanks Hypoid, it's become a regular swarm of them down there it seems. Not sure if I will make this one as much as I would like to. Still recovering from a nasty bug. I appreciate the heads up.

Get 97+ doors off an xj they look so much better in my opinion

c98f5c0fb70c8165f0e2cc145f6647a0.jpg

86cdbcf028d2e7debb5551ccf2ba3bc1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I am considering going that route.

Just look on Craig's list they are a dime a dozen on there unless your looking for roll down windows they are a bit harder to find , there are deals to be had out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LKQ set another one!

Thanks Hypoid, it's become a regular swarm of them down there it seems. Not sure if I will make this one as much as I would like to. Still recovering from a nasty bug. I appreciate the heads up.

SOMEBODY got lucky and beat me out of a D-44!

It was good to meet you, nice looking truck!

We have a running thread for junkyard prospecting in the Colorado Chapter of NAXJA: http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1090400&page=11

LKQ set another one!

SOMEBODY got lucky and beat me out of a D-44!

It was good to meet you, nice looking truck!

We have a running thread for junkyard prospecting in the Colorado Chapter of NAXJA: http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1090400&page=11

Thanks Man, nice meeting you too. Your timing couldn't have been more perfect showing up

when you did. Helping me get that beast out of the JY and into my truck. I owe ya. Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. See Ya down the road. Cheers.