Complete renix to Ho swap

I have a 87 Comanche with a Renix ba10. I just picked up a 91 Cherokee with a HO ax15. Both are 4x4. What I want to do I swap out the motor, trans, and tcase and put it in the Comanche. Can I also just swap out the wiring harnesses and be good to go or is there more involved that I'm not aware of.

It's been done before, it's doable but lots of work is involved ( there are write ups in this forum as well as google), depending on your state's smog laws you may run into an issue since the renix system uses an EGR and the HO does not. There may be an issue with the rear drive shaft as well, I'm sure more experienced members can give you better advise on the smaller details, good luck :thumbsup:

If you're willing to do the work, then I say do it.  Only thing that is custom is the harness going to the fuel pump and tail lights.  Not hard to make a custom one.  Look HERE for that information.

If not, just swap the drive train and swap all the Renix stuff over.  Only thing you'll have to do is adapt the TPS.  That modification can be found HERE, brought to you by yours truly. :laughin:

Anymore questions, feel free to PM me or ask the great guys and gals here on CC.

If not, just swap the drive train and swap all the Renix stuff over.  Only thing you'll have to do is adapt the TPS.  That modification can be found HERE, brought to you by yours truly. :laughin:

He will need a Renix flywheel too, or the CPS output will be unusable.

Based on his initial post, he has both a Renix flywheel (since his MJ is an '87 and equipped with the BA10) and an HO flywheel (from his '91 donor).  Which ever engine management system he decided to go with, he's covered.  Also, to note... the Renix flywheel is the same between the BA10 and the AX15.

Based on his initial post, he has both a Renix flywheel (since his MJ is an '87 and equipped with the BA10) and an HO flywheel (from his '91 donor).  Which ever engine management system he decided to go with, he's covered.  Also, to note... the Renix flywheel is the same between the BA10 and the AX15.

Yes, but you kinda made it sound like he could just plunk the one drivetrain into the other one, adapt the TPS, swap the other sensors, and go...  He has to make sure he swaps (or I suppose 'retains') the flywheel if he does that, which means splitting the tranny off both engines.  I know a lot of guys that have been burned by not realizing they're different, and only do they find it out when it won't start after everything is buttoned up.

Yes, but you kinda made it sound like he could just plunk the one drivetrain into the other one, adapt the TPS, swap the other sensors, and go...  He has to make sure he swaps (or I suppose 'retains') the flywheel if he does that, which means splitting the tranny off both engines.  I know a lot of guys that have been burned by not realizing they're different, and only do they find it out when it won't start after everything is buttoned up.

I see now, after re-reading, how that may have been interpreted, so your point is correct.  Glad you caught that.  :cheers: