snow plow hitch/receiver hitch?

Hey guys, i have an 88 Comanche, daily driver and work truck, I'm in the process of fixing up, but on the side of that and more important to me than body damage, is work, I'd like to find a front receiver hitch that also has snow plow mounts, and i was wondering if any of you already have a set up for it, and what would be best, anything you have is much appreciated!!!

i saw a hitch receiver with plow mounts on the sides of it, on a Chevy Tahoe/gmc Yukon the other day in port Angeles, but i didn't see any brand names on it. so i know they do exist, just not so sure if there is one for a Comanche.

Search Ebay for a "Comanche trailer hitch" and you will find several from either Curt or Drawtite.  Prices range from $107 to $186 including free shipping.

Also check Amazon, especially if you have Amazon Prime.  Curt front hitch is $101.24 with free shipping  Drawtite 65009 is $106.49 with free shipping.

I have the Draw-tite hitch on mine for the last 6 years.

Search Ebay for a "Comanche trailer hitch" and you will find several from either Curt or Drawtite.  Prices range from $107 to $186 including free shipping.

Also check Amazon, especially if you have Amazon Prime.  Curt front hitch is $101.24 with free shipping  Drawtite 65009 is $106.49 with free shipping.

None of the hitches you suggested include snow plow mounts.

also I wouldn't trust the front hitch for more then ~200lbs, let alone a plow setup. they don't get bolted in at very strong points.

this is how the Meyers plows are set up. they use all three bumper bolts and then a large 3/4" bolt in the back also.

HezYbsZl.jpg

the front hitches only use two small 10mm bolts on either side I believe. not something id trust all that force with.

Have you ever used it John?

Yes, perhaps 3 times!  Maybe twice to put a trailer in a tight spot because I don't to a great job of backing up into tight spots.  The other time would be pulling a small downed bush/tree - just because I was too lazy to turn the truck around! 

In total, I spent more time just bolting it on than I have ever used it.  "Maybe", somebody might be able to use it as a temporary winch mount?

thanks for all the replies guys! do any of you know if there is an individual plow mount that can be attached and used with a front hitch receiver attached or would the receiver have to be removed like the bumper?

How much snow do you get?

I have/had a front receiver mount plow on my K-Truck (known as 'Operation Plowshare').  It did not hold up.  There is way too much leverage on a single mount point for it to last if you're trying to do anything more than move 1" of snow for a short distance on flat/level ground with nothing to possibly snag the blade on.

My plow is/was a K2, but I've seen them under very similar sounding brand names, Chicom junk, but priced well...  One of my friends has the above Meyer and I did a lot of preemptive welding on it because it's honestly about as strong as the K2 plow I have.  My own now has more rubbish I've welded onto it than original parts, including a whole new mount and lifting system.  Don't be like me, buy something that will actually work for what you're doing.

also I wouldn't trust the front hitch for more then ~200lbs, let alone a plow setup. they don't get bolted in at very strong points.

this is how the Meyers plows are set up. they use all three bumper bolts and then a large 3/4" bolt in the back also.

HezYbsZl.jpg

the front hitches only use two small 10mm bolts on either side I believe. not something id trust all that force with.

The front hitch I have uses the 2 (per side) sway bar mounts and you have to drill a 1/2" hole on both sides for a big bolt to finish the mounting proccess. Came with new grade 8 hardware, as well. It's a Reese.

The front hitch I have uses the 2 (per side) sway bar mounts and you have to drill a 1/2" hole on both sides for a big bolt to finish the mounting proccess. Came with new grade 8 hardware, as well. It's a Reese.

ah I was unaware of the extra 1/2" bolt. but still, I would NOT trust a plow through that setup.