Steering wheel swap

You may also need to grab the spring that goes with the three-spoke wheel, which isn't pictured. It's the one that puts pressure on the steering lock plate. Whether or not it's because of a two-spoke to three-spoke swap I don't know, but when I bought my MJ the horn didn't work because the cancelling cam was missing. I had to find another spring because when I put in the cancelling cam the spring I had was too long and I actually bent the lock plate trying to compress it enough to put it back together. Best bet is to get everything from the same donor, eventually what I wound up doing after having to go back to the yard for more tiny little parts.

Note that the diagram shows one screw -- there are three.

The steering column has an index mark. I hope you didn't obliterate it when pulling the 2-spoke wheel. You'll need it to correctly align the "new" wheel.

So I think I have everything

cd2fe708c12204344b3d4e6b8504fcb3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like gogmorgo said above you're going to need parts 11-13 in the below pic for the grounding wire assembly. The 2-spoke steering wheel does not have these parts inside the column. Best bet is to get them from a 3-spoke wheel donor at the junkyard.

Like gogmorgo said above you're going to need parts 11-13 in the below pic for the grounding wire assembly. The 2-spoke steering wheel does not have these parts inside the column. Best bet is to get them from a 3-spoke wheel donor at the junkyard.

I think I only need 12-13 the extension is on back if the steering wheel already if I am correct. Thank you for your help!

Correct, you have the extension but will need numbers 12-15. Also the cancelling cam is different between the tilt and non-tilt. Have you had your wheel off yet to see what's behind it?

I will take if off sometime this week, is a slow project with me being in school  :hmm:  I took the cover off my old steering wheel and I was worried that I wouldn't be able to do this conversion. I will take if off and see what is in the column and snap a pic

Correct, you have the extension but will need numbers 12-15. Also the cancelling cam is different between the tilt and non-tilt. Have you had your wheel off yet to see what's behind it?

So this is what I got, what I can see from here is that I have part 12 the cam cancelling w/o tilt and all I need is the retainer (13) and pin (15) Correct?

bf2223017cdcc8aa05cffe65afcf9456.jpg

So this is what I got, what I can see from here is that I have part 12 the cam cancelling w/o tilt and all I need is the retainer (13) and pin (15) Correct?

Looks to me like your index marks aren't aligned. They put those on there for a reason.

Looks to me like your index marks aren't aligned. They put those on there for a reason.

Great catch! I've never had the steering wheel off before.

I have everything installed and the horn works, but it is very sensitive. When I turn the key to start the truck it constantly honks. Any thoughts?

Which way do you have the flexplate facing? Try turning it around.

That was the problem, I had put the flex plate in backwards creating it to constantly honk when the truck was on. Thank you for all your help! Here is the finished product

6d395a6cf24f53def42e84bd2d00612e.jpg

9ced6f7ee3a3422a2f55de5c75bb61f8.jpg