Wonderful start to the Christmas season

Eagle

No Black Friday deals for me -- I worked. And on my weay home from work, I was rear-ended at a stop light in my wife's 2000 Cherokee.

Two lanes each way. I was in the right lane, to go straight. Left lane in both directions is for left turns only, and gets an early left turn arrow so they can cross traffic. The left turn arrow went green, and the woman behind me decided to go. She stopped upon hitting my rear bumper. Doesn't appear to be any damage beyond scraped paint, but I'll want a shop to check it to be certain the unibody hasn't been tweaked.

Ho, ho, ho ... :fs2:

I've seen that same scenario played out 3 times in my life.  Once I was sitting in the turn lane talking to a friend who had pulled up next to me in the straight lane.  When I went, he was still looking at me and went also... this was waaaay back in high school.  Seeing it happen that way made it stick in my mind.

I would also bet a phone was involved.  Looking at phone but see movement in the other lane in peripheral vision.

Sorry to hear about it.

That sucks! My wife has an '00 XJ also. But hey, it could've been worse...could've been your MJ!

True -- fortunately (and unfortunately) my MJ is sitting in my buddy's garage, waiting for us to put a new clutch into it.

That sucks! My wife has an '00 XJ also. But hey, it could've been worse...could've been your MJ!

This is very true as well as what johnj92131 said that no body got hurt, still sucks that you have to take the time to "take care of it".