V-8 in a mj?

going through the "stuff" in the garage the other nite--found or just forgot about having, a 1971 amc 304 engine and tran + transfer case from a old cj. has any one in this forum done a v-8 swap in their mj. i did some quick measuring, it seems like it would fit with some mods.

just a thought. feed back sure would be interesting!

Speaking with absolutely NO experience or even hasty research.... here i go:

Check the HP and torque numbers. I don't know if a carbed 304 out ranks a FI'ed 6 cyl. Even if it does you have to take the "does it have enough power to move its own @$$ of its way" question. As in, if there is a HP increase, is it worth it and does it compensate for the extra weight it has to push around.

Just my $0.02.

Well, that's a cummins... Sure it's a 4BT, not a 3.3?

Either way that's pretty sweet. I didn't think anybody had dropped the cash/time to do it.

I've seen enough 4BT's and 3.3's that I'd know the difference.

4BT all the way.

My buddy also has a 6BT he's been debating about what to put it in...

well the 304 that is stashed away actually has been "built" some what with a high torque cam, roller rockers, 4 bbl, etc...as far as extra weight, what do you think the difference would be? i'm sure the mj could handle it, even if it had to be beefed up. tans and case should not be that different,

weight wise. not sure if this would be a worth while project, but it would be interesting!!

What did the 4BT come out of?? Want more info, need more info :D

i think they use them in bread trucks and delivery vans

Yup.

My buddy strips those bread trucks and frito lay trucks all the time for the engines and trannies.

If your interested, the price is about 2500 for an engine, I can PM you contact details, or put him in contact with you.

In this whole thread, I'm actually almost amazed that no one mentioned possum. He has a 350 in his MJ. And I know there's at least one more guy that has a 350 in his as well. There's also a guy on here that has a ford 302 in his.

If anybody wants to pay off my new engine and tranny, I'll put it in my MJ for a little while... 4.7L V8/545RFE tranny out of a 99 WJ....

That could be my birthday present... :D

I only owe $800 on it....

How bout a loan and I charge you 15% interest?