Chrysler 8.25 soa shock length?

I bought a 90 mj eliminator 4x4 with a spring over axle,chrysler 8.25 swap. Previous owner removed shocks for better articulation before he did the soa. He told me it had a 5.5" lift in the rear and did not tell me about the soa, I found that out after I bought shocks for 5.5" lift. I installed the new rubicon express shocks and they are way too long! Do I need stock length shocks or...? This is my first jeep so needless to say I am very new to the jeep world and any help would be appreciated.

That is. Center of the Mount to mount center of other mount. 18" extended and 12" compressed.

???

How are you measuring it at full compression and full extension? It would take me half a day to load up an MJ enough to reach full compression, and then I'd be too tired to crawl under and take measurements.

Where are your lower shock mounts? Did the previous owner just flip the factory spring plates and leave the shock studs to be used, or are the lower mounts custom fabbed?

Post pictures by uploading them to a photo hosting service like Photobucket, Image Shack, Tinypics, etc. and then posting a link to the photo in your post.

• 6 months later...

Can someone revive this thread??? I have an 87' with a Dana 35c and the previous owner did the same thing to me x.x ride height measures 13" and extended measures 18" what shocks has someone ran on their similar setup??? I can't find anything with enough travel that's small enough to be able to compress smaller than 13" yet still hit 18" x.x please help!!

Can someone revive this thread??? I have an 87' with a Dana 35c and the previous owner did the same thing to me x.x ride height measures 13" and extended measures 18" what shocks has someone ran on their similar setup??? I can't find anything with enough travel that's small enough to be able to compress smaller than 13" yet still hit 18" x.x please help!!

You just revived it.  B)

I like onlyinajeep's solution.  Looks clean and out of the way...except for the extra long bolt.  I despise the stock lower shock mount on MJ's.  Looking to change mine, but not going SOA.

:popcorn: