1988 MJ restoration

• 1 month later...

As I'm connecting all the wiring from the 93 XJ into the MJ, I can't remember where or if the wires in the photo go. The white/red wire comes off of the brake light switch connector that ends at the white connector then splits off with a white/black wire ending with a brown connector.... 

(switch picture)The  wire comes off of the dash harness that plugs into this switch and is connected to the white/red wire that is the cold side of the brake light.

brake switch.JPG

brake_wire_6d8d74ff3d7685045247b6435d3715d04370f18b.jpg

Just about done with the dash.  Because I was not paying attention I get to redo bezel for the stereo as only one side has a textured finish!!!  Also as the dash cubbyhole was cracked and the inside of the glove box a numerous cracks, that have all been fixed.  They don't look good so when the I start the upholstery I plan on lining those areas a liner that we have yet to pick out.  The stereo is not as flush as I would like it, had to make compromises even after customizing the defrost duct work.  I was not able to get the dash bezel to lay flush completely with the HVAC control panel.  I fill that gap we used high density black foam tape that has a sealed finish on 1 side.

IMAG2278.jpg

IMAG2328.jpg

IMAG2335.jpg

IMAG2336.jpg

IMAG2337.jpg

Your going to regret all that fatmat...... I'd take it off now before it melts and is a motor messy pain. I spent over a week removing all mine that I put in. Goof off from home homedepot worked best. Coat of a few times a day and let it sit at least a day before attempting, then it mostly comes off in sheets (obviously do that when the aluminium is off). Norico or something I got off amazon worked better and is butyl based not asphalt like fat mat. Also, look up sound deadender showdown and he describes you only need about 25% coverage on the panel your trying to quite. All it does is change the resonace, not block sound or heat.

I just gutted mine and the oem firewall pad does wonders. I never had one and have gone from 100% fatmat, to some norico, then mass loaded vinyl. The firewall pad did the most. I'm still combating bad hear from the tray tunnel and am looking into some good jute felt. Sorry, all that fatmat just brought back a bad memory lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The Comanche is schedule for upholstery the last week of March.  We will flat bed it over and back.  The transmission is rebuilt.  We changed the color on the door panels, center console and seat trim to Agate.  Since the main use will be for towing our travel trailer we went with General Grabber HTS 60 31X10.5R15LT.  The rims are American Racing AR62 OUTLAW II.  We mocked up the parts before paint them.  Here's a few pics of the progress. 

IMAG2695.jpg

IMAG2697.jpg

IMAG2705.jpg

IMAG2707.jpg

IMAG2711.jpg

IMAG2715.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 3/23/2019 at 11:50 AM, TheKelly's said:

I got those pedals on ebay.  I checked and I don't see them available right now.  I did some modifying for those to work as they were sold for a Liberty/Cherokee.  

You going to come back?