Ladies and Gentelmen, Can I please have your attention?

rockhardzj

I've just been handed an urgent, and horrifying news story, and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen.

CANNONBALL!!!!

(Scroll down for the real story!)

Today, I had a very short interview for a job at the place my sister works for. I pretty much got turned around on the spot, because I have no "formal" small engine repair experience, just personal.

However, I told my sister before she left, while she was chatting with a co-worker, and he had mentioned they needed people in a few job sites. She swung the info about me by an associate who she just helped get out of a hole of being short a few workers at one job site, and I got the call on my way home that I 99.999% definitely have this job.

here's the deal. If I have the job, I'll be home only every other weekend (its a job out on the road). The where, is currently unknown, so I may be coming to a town near you*!

This will rule, lots of OT available, moving out of the mom's house, and making WAY more then I do now... Two of the higher likely places I will end up is either Green Bay, Wisconsin, or somewhere in Massachusetts.

* denominates the fact that the Comanche will unfortunately not be in tow, nor any wheeling rig for the most part...

Sounds like fundage for an 05 Rubi??? :D
Possibly, but an 08' Rubi Unlimited would be mighty fun too... :evil:

I'd convert the damn thing to a 2dr, with a full bed. Then again, one can never have enough Jeep toys... So how about both? 8)

Oh, and thanks for the wishes of good luck.

This area sucks for wheeling (Wildman knows it, Rob S probably has an idea as well, but Crotch-Chester isn't as bad as here...)

Anyways, might be heavy equipment operations, might be dumb $#!& around the job sites, not sure yet, but much better financially, and physically/mentally for me.

The current job, or lack thereof, the boss is just a plain b-i-t-c-h. Only getting paid 8/hr (where the hell is a pay check from this past week??? I GOT LAID OFF!!!) I sit on my arse all day, doing nothing.

Only money from this past week was made by a few trips to the JY, and a few of you purchasing surprises. Thanks again to all who bought stuff from me.

New job will get me active, and in shape or at least more than I am now. It will support multiple projects, and paying off the school loan with ease. I'm going to see about at least bringing the Comanche with me, and keep it at the job site so I can work on it when there isn't anything to do, as well as when I'm done with the job for the day. I really want to get it built, running, and DD it, and get rid of my ZJ. Once the MJ is done, then I can begin all the fun stuff on the Bruiser.

I can totally relate about the job situation. My company has put out a hiring freeze, and the have done a few things to hourly slots, which forced me back a job level. Lets just say I lost 5 bucks an hour.. so I feel your pain.

Good luck with the job... remember working outside sucks :brows:

I can totally relate about the job situation. My company has put out a hiring freeze, and the have done a few things to hourly slots, which forced me back a job level. Lets just say I lost 5 bucks an hour.. so I feel your pain.

Good luck with the job... remember working outside sucks :brows:

Job freeze sucks. I got booted out completely, no paycheck, because "there is no work" or so they say... Fruckers... I actually think they wanted to get rid of me. Two full time (not temp/PT's) got hired in the day after I wasn't there anymore. This I know for two reasons. Their parents are high up in the food chain, and had visited the department several times while I was there, inquiring about jobs for their offspring. The way I hear it (was talking with a co-worker this morning) is that they are making more money than me, as they aren't temps, and nobody else was told to leave due to slow work. And it wasn't slow when I was told to leave, so it smells like a couple of rotten fish to me...

I hope a stray missile hits that building some night, directly in the compressed gasses room, where it will most certainly level the entire building, so everyone who was a bi+ch to me can feel the financial pain.

Oh, and working outside won't blow. I'll have fans blasting at me, if I'm standing around, or I'll be in a something to drive around, so it won't be as bad.

I worked on the road for a couple of years. It really, and truly sucked arse. When I was home, I couldn't hardly even catch up with the work around the house that stacked up. I had really small kids at the time, and I missed quite a bit of that 'baby' stuff.

I only spend about 2 months a year on the road now, and I like it much better. I still get a few days at a time without worrying about house stuff, and I get the quiet time. But I don't end up with the huge stack of stuff to worry about when I get back.

Before I went to work at the mill... I was an IronWorker, and had to travel to stay employed. In the summer I would head North.. winter I would head South. Worked a lot of shutdowns and retrofits at mills, and factories. It always sucked. Seemed like you would get layed off right before or after a holiday, but such was the life.