MIG welder...

DirtyComanche

Yeah, I'm converted, I think.

I was at the local welding supply because well, I dunno. I gravitate towards those sort of places.

Anyways, push came to shove and I started looking at their millermatics.

MM140 is about 800 and the MM180 is like 920...

Think I should pony up the extra 100 and change for the better one? Hmm...

(I think I've got 1000 for the cherokee... hence, I'm going to buy a MIG)

I might go and look at other places too.

http://www.weldersupply.com/productdetails.asp?ID=111

Found this online in the millermatic also found this which will be my next purchase

https://weldingsupply.securesites.com/c ... 72-1|||341

I love that lincoln and its a good price. I think my buddy spent almost 1000 getting all the neccesities he wanted i.e. cart and bottle and a few other things. Great welder though

Cole

EDIT: sorry for the link not working its a secure site link so it want hotlink to it just copy and paste

don't forget you will need a shielding gas bottle and extra tips... make them thow that stuff in. When it comes to welders and boobs.... bigger is better

Thanks Pat.....I've been looking for a new sig quote :D

Jeff

No worries...

That quote included the bottle filled, and a pack of tips. I could talk him into some wire too, probably...

I think for the extra money I should get the 180. I'll need the extra duty cycle if nothing else.

I'm somewhat limited to what I can buy locally (or close) becuase shipping is such a b*@$£.

No worries...

That quote included the bottle filled, and a pack of tips. I could talk him into some wire too, probably...

I think for the extra money I should get the 180. I'll need the extra duty cycle if nothing else.

I'm somewhat limited to what I can buy locally (or close) becuase shipping is such a @#$%.

do you even have a job outside your garage? :D

I can see you are kinda set on the Miller but the price between the lincoln and the miller seems to big pretty big of a diff. I just thought i would bring up the lincoln cause i personnaly have loved it since i first welded with it. I shoudl have one by the end of sept. too. I think my buddy said he got his to the door for about 700 or so. Just a thought on your ability to get others. Let us know what you do and how it works.

Cole

To buy one locally is about the same price as a miller, near as I can tell. The selection has been lacking at the other stores.

I have a lincoln tombstone, got nothing against lincoln.

And job? What's that? :D

Hmm... tombstone...

I think thats what that big read headstone with a tunrie-knob-thing on the front is that is sitting buried in my garage...

I agree, what is a job? I haven't been to one of those in over a week, such a long time...

we have the lincoln 110 pop box MIG... usin flux core right now its just to damn picky man. if the surface isnt 100% clean it doesnt like to bead well. but i think its cuase of the flux wire... gotta get abottle and some gas the welder has the hookups for it

but welding on old steel and jeeps isnt exactly the most clean surface to weld

I'm a prep nazi anyways. Even with the stick.

Then I go help somebody weld something and it's like 'don't worry about the paint, it'll burn off' and they wonder why it looks like $#!+.

hahaha, yeah some places are tough to clean up though... what all do you use? flap disk and a file?

I use lots of stuff... I've got a speed blaster, I don't use it much unless it's really weird. A 5" angle grinder with flap disks and wire brushes. A die grinder with sanding drums and a wire wheel (it's crazy with a wire wheel). And a wire wheel to go in my cordless/air drill.

And lacquer thinner. Lots of it...

I don't worry about prep being a problem.