Immediate Advice Needed!(NOW WITH PICS)

Kenosha Warrior

1960 came a Renegade package that gave you solid front glass.

1961 is became standard.

the round dash has been in them since 1956

They never got a Ramsey PTO untill 1960, Koenig before 1960.

Those emblems would rule

the cab floor is solid as hell, the rockers are a little flakey but there.

Its Definately a 1961 because before '61 they said Willys on the tailgate

This one has faint markings of 'Jeep'

The winch manual and emblems would be killer. Its going to be painted red again, and I'm going to probably paint the engine the tan colour it should be.

This weekend comes the truth test. I'm driving it up 5 miles to a garage for it to be checked out

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the pic's look good :brows: and that will be a very nice machine once it is restored and worth the effort one will put into. now to find some additional pic's on the web of a fully restored one... BTW you may have to ask him for her hand. rtft.gif

BTW you may have to ask him for her hand. rtft.gif
Definitely. You got yourself a keeper there.

If you don't get it, I will personally hunt you down, and kick you in the nuts with my steel toed boots. Twelve times. Not nine, TWELVE!

Wagonmaster has the same truck, in green, fully resto'ed.

This one will be a slow process, but it'll get there.

The bank told me straight up. No money. I'm 17 so I need'a borrow it from someone, i.e girlfriend's dad.

It'll take some strings to be yanked feircly but Ill do it.

argh!

its mine.

I just need $3000.

But for every penny, its worth it.

Problem is, I need to borrow the money, atleast $2500 from my dad. Wish me luck y'all.

Just take his debit card each night for a week, and take money out of his account. Do it while he's sleeping.

Or see if the seller will accept a down payment, and a payment plan or something, so you KNOW it can be yours.

I know its mine...

Ive got the only set of keys to it locked in the MJ.

I'm trying to weedle him down. the seller is a con artist to the supreme and rips everyone off. Hes not getting $3000 out of me for this thing.

He's got 2 other fish on the line right now, I'm going to call him up and risk it all, ask him to see what the other people's offers are then say $2000 cash in his hand.

if he says no, Ive got a CJ (76 CJ5) lined up for purchase.

That willys won't move until I buy it, I know it won't. Up here, in reyd-neyck/deliverance country, nobody will shell out $3000 for a bush buggy. And Ive told him the motor is shot and the rear end is kaput along with the frame. we shall see.

better watch it, ur not the only ontarioian on the site lol

pick it up, its a good deal

enh, its well hidden haha.

Have trailer, have tow rig, have license, have stepbrother with pilots license, and access to private plane, oh, and I got's me one dem LED Mag Lites. Will travel. :D

Yea, my resources, I could find it rather easily, and your all of maybe 5hrs, tops from me...

well, it would be a little hard to find it. Its on the corner of a minor dirt road and a major highway, yet you cannot see it from either. just the tracks.
Read: Private plane access.

It's outside, and clearly not under trees, I can find it. :D

Not that I'd ever go through that much of a pita to track down something like that...

Heh. I fold. He won't sell this thing for $3000, so I'm going to give him his key back. Screw it, it'll sit there, Ill wait then buy it cheap.

In the meantime

I just went and grabbed a CJ7. 1986, 5spd! 4.2L, needs bodywork and a front D.S

Question, why would one normally remove the front DS?

But otherwise, its perfect for a starter wheeler, and will be an awesome driver along with the Comanche, and it'll be something for my gf to drive too.

Question, why would one normally remove the front DS?

possibly a bad CV joint in the shaft. they make noises and stuff and can really mess up if the joints go bad. did he not have the front driveshaft layin around?

i'd pull the diff cover and take a peep to make sure its kosher inside,

or maybe he re-geared the rear end without having the $$ to do the front end?

I never divulge whee or who has the "dream vehicle" I am loking for is at... Jeepers are like vulchers looking for a fresh kill :brows:

The reason why ppl pull front d/s are bad t-case, bad gears/missed matched gears, or bad shaft. If I remember correctly CJ-7 front shafts are not CV style

I know the previous owners.

Janitor at my old H.S

Grant, the basketball teacher at my P.S

He never used 4x4 and didn't know that it was missing the shaft till I pointed it out today. he's owned it for 10 years.

It seems kosher enough, the front makes no noise if I spin the wheels, just the sound of pads and rotors gently rubbing. the pinion swings around as I spin the tires. Has lockout hubs, rotated them backwards, the pinion stops turning as I spin the wheels.

Ill just dig up a shaft from one of the local guys. I'll prolly run without doors till the snow then drive the Comanche till I find some doors. Its got a hardtop, softop and a Scrambler's softop (rollbar to windsheild)

$1000 cdn

Well used d300 can get pricey :brows: but the good thing is 32 spline kits aren't that expensive, and 4 to 1 kits are coming down in price as well :brows: If I am not mistaken scout front ends fit nicely with minimal mods as well :nuts: or you can out board the springs and swap in a 14 bolt d 60 combo, boatside it and flog the piss out of it :driving: comancheB.gif

I'm going to just get it road legal first and use it as a Summer cruiser.

gotta borrow some cashiola from my dad. Oh well, The CJ needs a good chunk of work. floorpans are decent, DS rocker is toast, rearmost floor is toast, wheel wells are half-toast.

a good chunk of sheetmetal bodywork needed, bothing that cannot be finished within a few months.

or you can out board the springs and swap in a 14 bolt d 60 combo, boatside it and flog the piss out of it :driving: comancheB.gif

Isn't this with any vehicle?

not my cars or tow rigs jamminz.gif

Lil bit of advice.. sometimes it is cheaper to swap tubs then it is to repair the one you have. YJ (87-95) wrangler tubs are cheap and "easy" to put onto your CJ frame. I have seen quite a few CJ's around with YJ tubs on them.

Key area to watch on the CJ

Rear x-mambers over the gas tank

mounting points for the roll bar (under the foot plate)

Just a lil advice from someone who went through it