Under carpet/vinyl insulation recommendations?

I'm going to be replacing my carpet soon but will be replacing it with vinyl, do you guys have any suggestions on what brand or type of insulation to use? thank you. 

Use the same thing the factory used - Jute padding.  It is both very inexpensive and it works very well for absorbing noise.

My truck has the base factory rubber on the floor with simple factory jute padding under it.  Dirt is not a problem.  As far as noise goes, there are many other easier paths for noise to enter the cab than thru the floor pan.  If heat or sound is your issue, all those other areas should be addressed first for best results.

I covered my firewall,transmission tunnel, roof, doors, and back wall of my cab with rattletrap ( easily found on e bay ) and it made a HUGE difference already I was just wondering if there was a brand that made something better than regular jute padding  but after seeing the prices that Dynamat and Boom mat go for I think I'll just go with the this http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sft-insul1/overview/ . It seems pretty reasonably priced.

I covered my firewall,transmission tunnel, roof, doors, and back wall of my cab with rattletrap ( easily found on e bay ) and it made a HUGE difference already I was just wondering if there was a brand that made something better than regular jute padding  but after seeing the prices that Dynamat and Boom mat go for I think I'll just go with the this http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sft-insul1/overview/ . It seems pretty reasonably priced.

The cost of Dynamat, Boom and the like is why I said to use jute padding on the floor.  Somebody has to pay for all the marketing that goes into Dynama, Boom, and products like that.  Other areas like the firewall, doors etc will require a different product than jute pad.  Roof panel likely should be the last thing you do simply because all the window glass is below the roof and the glass will be a huge source of noise, no matter what you do to the roof. 

Another cheap area for noise reduction is wind noise.  Check all your door and window seals.  Use 97+ Cherokee door seals.  Replace all the felt around your windows.  Don't forget the 97/98+ under hood sound pad.  It is thicker than the earlier under hood sound pad (my base truck has no sound pad).  The wheel wells are a big noise source because they let your tire noise.  Lots of spray on undercoating type material would help here.  Talking about tires and noise - think about what tires you put on your truck.  Different tires make a HUGE noise difference.

Unless something is terribly wrong with the current jute padding, why not simply reuse it? Is is attached to the carpet backing by drops of adhesive. You can easily separate the padding from the carpet with a razor blade. You will also want to save the fiberglass padding that wrapped in plastic which is on the passenger side. It is a heat shield for the exhaust system which runs down that side. If the plastic has deteriorated, get some heavy plastic and re-wrap it, since that stuff seems to hold water really well (just in case you get water under your carpet/vinyl).

You will also want to save the fiberglass padding that wrapped in plastic which is on the passenger side. It is a heat shield for the exhaust system which runs down that side. 

I removed my carpet today, did not find any fiberglass padding.  Without it, is there much to worry about?

I wouldn't stress about it. It may be warmer on that side and give your A/C (if you have it) another heat load to deal with on a hot summer day. Someone may have pulled up the carpet in the past (probably for water under the carpet) and found the insulation a wet mess (it took several days for mine to dry out). Obviously, they tossed it. I am pretty sure many have done so.

I believe someone smarter than me designed the truck and put it there for a reason, that is why I saved mine.

Here is a review I found on "rattle trap sound deadener" and some other products:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/miscellaneous-car-audio-reviews/513678-sound-deadener-review.html

For a good quality product and for some education on sound dampening your car, you may want to look at this site:

www.sounddeadenershowdown.com

Unless something is terribly wrong with the current jute padding, why not simply reuse it? Is is attached to the carpet backing by drops of adhesive. You can easily separate the padding from the carpet with a razor blade. You will also want to save the fiberglass padding that wrapped in plastic which is on the passenger side. It is a heat shield for the exhaust system which runs down that side. If the plastic has deteriorated, get some heavy plastic and re-wrap it, since that stuff seems to hold water really well (just in case you get water under your carpet/vinyl).

The carpet and dampening material are rotted out, I had a leak from the fresh air vent but fixed it when I pulled my dash to do my heater core. I should be getting the stuff today so I 'll give you guys an update on the quality, the shipping info says its 29 lbs so it must be pretty good if it weighs that much.