PROJECT BUDGET MANCHE - Now on 35's!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a lot of updates over the past week as I really haven't had time to work on it.

I did get a chance today to pick up some parts for it however. I purchased a set of 6.5" coils for the front, and a set of upper and lower control arms to work with the 6.5" coils. This should help match the rear lift height with the spring over.

And I also picked up a D44 rear for an XJ. Not sure if I'll put it in the MJ or one of the XJ's yet... :D

Pics:

100_1395.jpg

Not a lot of updates over the weekend. Was busy spending time with the family.

I did however get the front re-tore apart to get the new springs/control arms in. Everything is pretty much out. I should be able to hopefully get the front suspension tied up over the next 2 days. Will report back with pics soon.

ahh i see different u-bolts. i found that as high as they are then my shocks are way to long. I would prefer t odo the way you have it. just need new u-bolts.

Actually just used regular bolts. Used a grade 8 that's 7" long and they worked well. Their is a peice that is on their from the factory as well (the bolts go threw it, it has a raised bent center); I used that under the "shock plate" on the bottom side for a bit of extra added support.

Was able to work on it for a few hours today.

New bumper showed up from Motion Offroad, so I was excited to get that installed today. Install was straight forward and fitment was perfect. Put a set of foglights on, havn't wired them yet.

I also got the 6.5" springs, bumpstops, and upper control arms in. The lower control arms are giving me a hard time coming out. So I guess tomorrow I'll try to just cut them out.

Here are a few pics from today of the bumper:

100_1404.jpg

100_1405.jpg

Well got quite a bit of work done today.

I first started off the day with cutting the lower control arm bolts on the body side. Talk about NOT FUN! I didn't count how many blades I went threw, but it has to be upwards of at least 10. Once I got those out, the rest of the install went pretty easy. Got the upper and lower control arms in and all bolted up. Got the trac bar installed as well.

Front suspension is finally done. Pretty happy with the angles of everything at this height.

100_1409.jpg

Than got the 35's installed. I'll let the pics explain the rest.

100_1406.jpg

100_1407.jpg

100_1408.jpg

100_1410.jpg

Drove it around the block and it rode well, no weird vibes or anything. I do need to get some new rear shocks in it yet and will trim up the bottom of the lower front flare. I'll also get that ugly red painted black on the frame rail. It was covered with dirt and I need to scrub it done before I do anything to it.

More work to come...

half doors man, half doors :D it's lookin good so far, but I think a nice set of them would really set it off.

thunk about puttin TJ flares on the front too?

I'll probably build a set of tube doors. If I could find a good drivers side door for cheap I may do half doors but they are a ton of work. I've only got what, a week left to get her done in time for the Badlands, it will be doorless as I don't have enough time to do anything else... :brows:

I thought about TJ flares on the front. I don't have another set yet, and once again time is a factor at the moment. I'm just going to trim the fenders a bit and probably move the stock flares up a few inches for now.

half doors man, half doors :D it's lookin good so far, but I think a nice set of them would really set it off.

I'll probably build a set of tube doors. If I could find a good drivers side door for cheap I may do half doors but they are a ton of work. I've only got what, a week left to get her done in time for the Badlands, it will be doorless as I don't have enough time to do anything else... :brows:

I thought about TJ flares on the front. I don't have another set yet, and once again time is a factor at the moment. I'm just going to trim the fenders a bit and probably move the stock flares up a few inches for now.

I have a spare set of rear TJ flares here. put rears on the front to match your rears...

and I can bring them to the badlands. say, $20 for both? one has a crack in the lower portion where you would cut it to fit body lines anyways...

I have a spare set of rear TJ flares here. put rears on the front to match your rears...

and I can bring them to the badlands. say, $20 for both? one has a crack in the lower portion where you would cut it to fit body lines anyways...

If I was going to do it I was planning on using rears on the front, as I just don't like the looks of the front TJ flares on the XJ/MJ's.

I'll let you know on yours. I havn't decided what I want to do yet. I'll PM you before the Badlands and let ya know.