new equipment

pingpong

Yea, I can......" Let the drilling begin " :D

Wow....full 1 HP, and 3/4" cap' ....yup, that's a real drill press.

Going with annular bits are alot more $$ but in the long run, much more production, and larger hole capacity. A good way to go in the long run.

Con'grads on your new toy......ah, er, tool :D

What's the advantage of a stand up unit vs a bench top? I really like the Craftsman bench top that we have, and haven't found any real flaws yet.

The main reason why I bought the drill press was cause it had a 3/4 chuck and the MT 3 spindle taper. It gives me access to better quality bits that last longer. As it stands now I have to buy reduced shank bits for anything I drill over 1/2 inch, and they cost more then bits that are not reduced.

I was going to buy this drill press until they told me how much the shipping was going to be http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/D ... mber=39955

it had a few more features, but I couldnt justify the price difference and the added shipping.

If you want to play fabricator... you have to pay for the tools.

There is one for me too, but none of them had one in stock :cry: So my choices were to have it shipped either way. Or wait for the store t order one and then go pick it up 14-21 days from now, and the stores"near" me are at least an hour and a half ride each way. So by the time you figure travel time and gas... shipping was about the same price. The reason why I say travel time... that means I am not working... and where I work getting overtime is like getting candy at halloween. The only truck I have gets 14 mpg no matter how easy you take it on it... so the 65 miles each way adds up quick to a few dollars as well

yeah, the HF store is 18 miles from my house, so it's a frequent stop.

can't say that I'll buy critical tools there, but it's good for consumables like cutting wheels and such, and the random use tools like the balljoint press.

Seriously considering that tire mount machine they have.

Northern's frieght company (or who they use) suck. They called me the other day and wanted to set up a shipping date.. no biggy except the only come to my area Mon, Wens, And friday. They didnt tell me this when I first talked to the rep. So I sewt it up with my wifey to be here on tues.. cal them back and they say we don't come there on that day.

Then the rep went on abou how if I signed a piece of paper their trucker will drop ship it... I say HELL NO. explaining that this is an expensive piece of equipment, and I am not going to accept it.. sight unseen. Then she proceedes to tell me.. we don't like holding things on the shipping dock for a long time... well I tell her that she can deliver it on the 16 of july or I will just cancell my order and she can take it back to where she got it from :eek: Wel she said she would deliver it on the 16..I just hope it arrives undamaged.. that would suck, cause they would be taking it back

• 2 weeks later...

It came today :jump: I all ready put it together :wrench: and drilled some holes with my new annular cutters :evil: Man this thing drills through metal like no tommorow. Bumper progress shall insue :banana: as soon as it isnt insanely hot :ack: I worked on some welding before it came, and started to get heat crampsa even though I was drinking anywhere between 60 to 80 oz. of fluid an hour

The more I get into this fancy equipment junk the more crap I buy :eek:

I just bought me one of tha fancy machinist type vices for my drill press, and a mounting set up.. another 100 bucks gone :nuts:

get a 62mm drill mounted grinding stone, and you can bore throttle bodies.

That's what I'm doing for my MJ, shes gonna breath as easily as possible.