Help with tranny Mount postition?

:mad: Swapped in an AX-15, syncrows went bad so pulled to get rebuilt, so putting stock manual back in it, the peogot junk, Pulled tranny yesterday and put other tranny in but when it came to the tranny mount could'nt figure it out, The plate that bolts to the tranny, the holes don't line up. Or does is just sit on cross member then bolt up. :headpop: If any one has a good pic I could figure it out. Any help I'd be the thankful. :bowdown:

you will need th puke goat mount so that it will line up. if you need one i may have one available for ya. if not in a hurry i can check the garage and see if i didnt throw it out. I swap to an AX-15 my self. jamminz.gif Ill let u know soon

just another note the t-case won't match up i belive that the spline count on the puke goat(21??) :dunno: is different than that of the AX-15 (23) hope you have a spare t-case laying around. good luck jamminz.gif

t-case is same\,231 Have pics anybody? The mounts I have are the same I had on it before with stock, i think it was just turned around. I don't know, it's :mad: irritating!!!! Check if you can on mount, going out wheeling next weekend so like to know what got to do to fix this.

jamminz.gif

all i can say is that my 89 mj stock was a ba10 puke joe and the mount was not the same as the AX-15 i have been doing a quick look in the garage and only found the auto once i find them unless trashed which i hoping i didn’t... i'll send pic's of the difference and the spline count is definite difference between the two. i was just as :mad: when i was in your shoes. how much is it going to cost for the rebuild.

Buddy going to rebuild it for me for $200 plus parts. Just got spare 4.0 with this tranny I put in so i'm stroking it out and rebuilding the AX-15 and 231 t-case then putting it all in at once then off loading everything else.

jamminz.gif

The Peugeot has a 21 spline count output shaft. The AX-15 has a 23 spline count output shaft. I would be required to replace the input shaft of the transfer case to mate it to the AX-15.
additional info from this site http://www.jeeptech.com/convtrans/ax15swap.html jamminz.gif some favor the internal slave and some don't on i went with the external on the slave. btw is this a stroker kit you are building from :dunno: i purchase a kit from AP and its a huge difference in performance is great :jump:

the only pic that is out there is the one that dakal has for the ax-15 i have got rid of the puke joe mount if you do a search for ax-15 he does have a pic that may help ya good luck. btw his post was around the begining of the month.

jamminz.gif way to go Pete i have been search this site and the other one and didnt quite get the details that you have found :cheers: other that pic's its hard to explain... and pic's does tell a thousand words,

• 2 months later...

you can move the transmission crossmember no? there should be a set of holes for the AX position and one for the BA10 position. :dunno:

and your t-case either works with a ba10 or it works with an ax15... if you've got a 21 spline ax15 i wanna know where the hell its from! that would make life easy

can't tell in the picture but you're sure you can't move the actual crossmember and have them line up?

(I'm mildy confused so if you've already answered that then idk)

EDIT: not confused... retarded sorry. re-read your last post..

got any random 1/4" plate lyin around you can just drill holes for the mount then drill holes for the crossmember and bolt it all up just to get on the rd?