Power steering gone

Yes I know the best way to find a problem is to go look yourself, but I'm at school so I can't for a few hours and I need my truck tonight so hopefully I can get this fixed. In the way to school today, I heard a pop after I went around a corner and my power steering was gone. Is it just my belt? Easy fix? Thanks

If your belt came off your PS pump, it would come off ALL pumps and pulleys.  Your truck would stop running.  

Since you continued to drive it, I am guessing it wasn't the belt.

A load pop would be something breaking.  Check all your linkages for something that looks out of place.

If your belt came off your PS pump, it would come off ALL pumps and pulleys. Your truck would stop running.

A load pop would be something breaking. Check all your linkages for something that looks out of place.

Thanks I'll look after school

If your belt came off your PS pump, it would come off ALL pumps and pulleys. Your truck would stop running.

A load pop would be something breaking. Check all your linkages for something that looks out of place.

I was into driving it for about 1 minute after it happened so wouldn't it stil run but just not get any flow from the water pump?

Your Alt would stop charging.  Did your gauge drop?  Did you idiot light come?

When you are done with classes for the day, open the hood and look.

(I was always told that the engine would cut out without the belt driving everything...but I am not a mechanic.)

Your Alt would stop charging. Did your gauge drop? Did you idiot light come?

When you are done with classes for the day, open the hood and look.

(I was always told that the engine would cut out without the belt driving everything...but I am not a mechanic.)

I didn't check any gauges but I guess actually looking under the hood will help. Haha