1988 Jeep Comanche sway bar replacement

I have a 1988 jeep comanche that was converted to 4wd and lifted before i purchased.  I recently after getting onto a trail went to disconnect my sway bar only to notice it was too late. I am having a hell of a time figuring out what i can replace it with aside from spending upwards of 200 on a new aftermarket piece. I have read that some zj grand cherokees may work.  I went out to a u pull it yard and got a 97 grand cherokee sway bar. It looked very similar to what i already had but slightly different. After i installed it and tried turning the wheel i realized the main difference the space between the two main bends right before the mounting area is smaller. Causing my pitman arm to hit the sway bar before full turn.  Before i waste more time and money i was hoping someone could shed some light for me. Thanks

You may need a pair of the upper relocator brackets that move the sway bar forward slightly. Not sure who makes them. Also, there are a handful of variants for the XJ. ranging from 22mm to 26-28mm (I think). But, my understanding is that the ZJ sway bar should work as wel. 

You may need a pair of the upper relocator brackets that move the sway bar forward slightly. Not sure who makes them. Also, there are a handful of variants for the XJ. ranging from 22mm to 26-28mm (I think). But, my understanding is that the ZJ sway bar should work as wel.

I have a couple of spare sets of the Synenergy relocation brackets and they work well. They move the sway bar down 1" and forward 1-7/16" for added clearance from the coils and Pitman arm. It also brought back the original bar end geometry when using the factory links, 10-20 degrees above horizontal. No drilling; the brackets use existing holes on the frame.