CLUTCH issues!

so i installed a new master cylinder and i listened to my friend who worked for a mechanic shop for the past few years and he said that i wouldnt have to bleed it or anything and i could just install it and be good. well he was wrong..... the clutch doesnt work i do not know a whole lot about this stuff. i have common sense and can figure stuff out with a little input.

i have an external slave does anyone know of a video that might help me or just some knowledge on doing this i know that the slave cylinder is tough one to get to and see. thanks in advance

Yes...why not google bleed clutch?....it is a simple thing...open the bleeder screw...have a helper press and hold the clutch....close the bleeder....repeat 3 or 4 times until you have a strong stream of clean fluid coming out....close and tighten the screw...try the clutch...

Thanks for the advice read like 30 other fourum post and Google stuff people had luck just pumping the clutch a bunch of times. And if I was to bleed I would have had to take the slave off and flip it because it was impossible to get a wrench on there to open and close. But the good news clutch works with just around twenty pumps. So master can be installed without bleeding. Again thanks for the post

I have always taken a small bit of tubing and put one end in a half empty bottle of fluid making sure it's submerged and the other end on the bleeder valve and just pumped refilled and pumped, hasn't not worked yet just have to make sure the master doesn't run out of fluid

Every time I've done it I just opened the bleeder and gravity bled a whole bottle of fluid through it. Worked great for me! Probably would be quicker to have someone press the pedal... But my friends don't like working on vehicles, so I'm alone most of the time :D

Can you put a speed bleed on the end of the clutch line?  It would help us "one man" mechanics.

I have thought this myself but never tried it....i don't see why it would not work.....same principle......