map sensor throttle body connection on renix

I need to replace my map sensor hose.  It is a plastic tube that it plugged into the throttle body and then goes to the map sensor on the hood.  I can pull the plastic piece out of the throttle body and the rubber piece stays on the throttle body.  It's like it has to places for hoses to go in, but only the bottom is used.  I did read the top one is plugged so no worries there.

Can I just pull that rubber piece out of the throttle body?  What's behind it, is it a hose connection so I can just use regular vacuum hose to replace it?

What do you mean by proper connector?  Is it just a hole on the throttle body or is it a vacuum nipple?  The rubber piece shoved in there right now with the hard line stuck in the middle of it's kinda worn out, worried that when I pry it out of the throttle body it might fall apart on me...

The rubber grommet has two apparent holes.  Only one of them is a "hole", that goes all the way through.
The other hole/stud is just a keeper to keep the hose in place and tight.  Use the correct diameter hose, it actually makes a difference whether you have bigger or smaller hose. If you pull the grommet out and just stick a hose in there, you could have the possibility of a less than tight connection

when I cleaned out my throttle body, the outlet from the throttle body broke off. I took the rubber boot out pulled the plastic line out and replaced it. cut a 1 1/2 inch plastic like piece from the plastic vacuum lines. I took a little rtv silicone and put around the edges. making sure not to plug or restrict new vacuum line. works great and no leaks...

when I cleaned out my throttle body, the outlet from the throttle body broke off. I took the rubber boot out pulled the plastic line out and replaced it. cut a 1 1/2 inch plastic like piece from the plastic vacuum lines. I took a little rtv silicone and put around the edges. making sure not to plug or restrict new vacuum line. works great and no leaks...

Yup.

I also did the same thing. Bought new plastic vaccum line from a auto parts strore and used RTV to seal it better. It is a bit tricky to get the old plastic out of that rubber but it is managable.

I also did the same thing. Bought new plastic vaccum line from a auto parts strore and used RTV to seal it better. It is a bit tricky to get the old plastic out of that rubber but it is managable.

You make it sound SO EASY. Is that because it really is? LOL. 

I got some 3/16 brake line, a tube bender, and a tube cutter.  I made up a nice piece that fits pretty snug.  I believe I have no more leaks at the MAP sensor.

I also replaced the MAP sensor with a new OEM one as well.

Still working through some issues, but this weekend I'm doing cruiser tips 1-6!

You make it sound SO EASY. Is that because it really is? LOL.
Haha not exactly.... 26 year old rubber and plastic wanna be left alone!

• 2 years later...

Today, I replaced my MAP vacuum line with copper tubing, as you see in the pic below.  Reviving an old topic here, but I noticed this:  

On 7/23/2015 at 10:22 AM, dkmcgowan said:

I did read the top one is plugged so no worries there.

and this:

On 7/23/2015 at 3:09 PM, ParadiseMJ said:

Only one of them is a "hole", that goes all the way through.
The other hole/stud is just a keeper to keep the hose in place and tight

Fellas, my top orifice is indeed open.  I know this because I removed the rectangular block that the vacuum tubing inserts into.  Both holes are wide open; neither are plugged.  I did temporarily plug the top hole with my finger just to see if it affected idle, but I noticed no difference.  Probably should plug it, right?

59ef935337783_MAPsensor(1024x768).thumb.jpg.5fbe05bbb4a0be55e123c2c808e94b93.jpg

4 hours ago, cruiser54 said:

the upper hole is there but it dead ends.

Read this.

http://cruiser54.com/?p=280

I had read this prior to my working on it.  Instead of tapping and inserting a fitting, I chose the quicker route of retaining the rectangular rubber TB insert and just ran my copper tubing directly into it (via the lower opening).  I'll likely do your technique when I have more time to remove and clean up my throttle body real good. 

So, I suppose what I didn't know is that although that rectangular rubber insert in which the tubing inserts, does have a hole all the way through it, the metal behind it does not.   Sound correct?