MJ S/B 350 install.. Any Ideas or info, Little Help?

I'm installing a Chevy 5.7L S/B Tbi motor and 700R4 in to my little 88 MJ. Wondering if anybody has any tips for me on what they found worked best as far as motor placement, what exhaust manifolds fit best and so on. My biggest question is the radiator. I messured and have a good idea where this motor is going to sit but I can't find a radiator with a power steering gearbox notch in it (ha Ha) Hase anybody tried the 4.0l radiator?

Any tips or pictures would be awsome. Travis

I'd say the 4oh rad is not a good choice, unless you want to run two of them... Which you probably can, I moved mine forewards a couple inches. Might be a plumbing nightmare. Anyways, the 4oh rad is a POS.

But the good news is a SBC is shorter than an I6, so you should be able to get a rad to fit of some sort. You might have to buy a spendy custom one though. And you might have to make sure you aren't running excessivly wide pulleys for the belt drive stuff.

Anyways, I'm not a first hand guy, so don't quote me.

you have to lift it too or the front axle will eat the oil pan i think 3" is the right height.

i searched around on NAXJA for ya, didnt see muich about cooling systems.

don't forget, bumpstops, bumpstops, bumpstops

advanceadapters.com if you haven't been there yet.

As to the radiator, I remember reading over the years that some have gotten by with the best 4.0L rad they could find combined with the best E-fans they could find. Heat is always the enemy with an engine that big in an engine compartment that small. Well, unless you try to use the Dana 35, then your biggest enemy becomes spitting ring gear teeth and shafts all over the place. :brows:

I have a two wheel drive jeep, I really think a 3 inch lift is not needed nor do I want to. I guess I could re work a oil pan if I had to. Loooking at my 86 4x4 MJ I could see a lift being needed. Just the cooling system is what I can't seem to come up with any ideas.

Anybody ever seen a 3 core stock sized 4.0l radiator?

i used to have a 3-core modine radiator (1-800-radiator) drop shipped to my door for 160 IIRC mornin after i called.

kept the 4.0 nice and cool... til i put the clutch-fan through it in a rear-end accident :oops: :oops:

Advance Adapters sell the engine bracket kit for around 180.... Since you are going 2wd it don't matter that it moves the engine over to the passenger side an inch. As for cooling... I would look into a quality aftermarket aluminum one that will fit the opening, and then plumb it... I havent got that far in my project... I am still debating on using a MPFI 4.3 or a propane 350 :eek: