HYDRO BOOST, ANYBODY DONE IT?

bin think n bout it fer a wile and think it would be prity easy but i like the bigger booster setup to.

just curious if anybodys done it er researched it a bit more?

pros and cons to if ya like.

what's the benefit. either way you get to push the brakes easier.

Well, the stock booster can only output so much pressure. Say it's X number. Once you hit X, it don't matter how hard you push, you can't get any more pressure out of the system.

With hydro boost, you can say the potential for power assist is like X times eleventybillion. Again, it's got a cap. But w/e. Anyways, it has a lot more potential for assisting you as the P/S pump puts out some stupid amount of pressure.

I've ridden in a vehicle with it. Stopped pretty good. Didn't mean it was a great mod, there's a lot more to breaking than power assist (locking up the tires isn't an effective way to stop).

The great thing about hydro boost braking is you still have ample pressure even after the motor dies to hold a hill.

that would be a nice point of it. i know my truck is a bear to slow/stop when the engine cuts off.

hydro boost are commonly used on deisels cause they do not create much if at all vacuum. The PS pump has to be of ample size. They will hold after multiple pumps where vacuum brakes sometimes fade. They will also not hold as well when the engine dies though cause you need the PS pressure for them to work properly. If you can adapt one from a medium duty truck (ex gmc kodiak) they have a small electric motor also to help in event of engine failure. Hope this helps.