My snipe hunt ... "Wanted" 97-01 XJ 4WD 2 Door

NHMJXJ

I search all the major sites daily (eBay, Cars.com, Autotrader ...etc.) ... hoping a CC member might spy something in their neighborhood that will fit the bill.

Specifically, I'm looking for a clean, unmolested, original, 97-01 4WD XJ 2 door.

More specifically ... NO red* vehicles (*any shade).  Blue, Green, Silver, Black, White OK.  

MUSTS:  Auto. Clean in and out. Unmolested. All factory options in working order.  NO red.

"Wants": Auto, Cruise and privacy glass.  If it has those options, it has the others I want.  Under 150K miles, nearly rust free, CLEAN interior ... no rips, cracks, tears, stains or odors. NO evidence of smoke/fur/feathers/diapers. 

A little history: 

An idiot in an F150 destroyed my perfectly good '99 XJ two door. It was my DD and while his insurance paid in full, I was pressed for time to replace it.  I had a rental for a month and looked at nearly 50 XJ's from RI to ME.  I found a nice 4 door in my own back yard which is my current DD, but I have continued my search.  

Recently posted in the Pub hoping someone local to a vehicle I found online could take a look for me. Kind of got me thinking about this request. More is better and I know the CC community looks when they see a decent jeep vehicle, MJ or not.  Keep your eyes pealed!

I am prepared to fly and drive, or transport. 

Had a blue 97 2 door 4WD stock rust free last year... but it had over 200k on it. Found it for sale on someone's yard, they said it was already spoken for. A few weeks went by and I saw they posted it on Craigslist. Bought it that day for $800.

There is one out there for you and I'll look around here in AR for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know how far youre willing to go, but Ive found a few good ones around here, ill have to look for the ads again, but most of everything around here is rust free, I was lucky to get mine for what I got it for, although its taken me a lot to get to where its in decent shape after PO destroyed it.

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

I asked what his price was ...  never got a response. 

Not unlike MJ's, 2 door XJ's are becoming rare (in good condition and unmolested).  I've seen hundreds that have been lifted, trailed and ruined.  I know it's the right platform to do the former, but it's a shame to see'em go.  

• 1 month later...