New seats, what options do we have?

Been looking to upgrade the interior. I know XJ seats are a possiability, however, what else we have? Here is what I been looking at, Newer Grand Cherokee seats, Liberty Seats(have heat switch on the seat), maybe stay bench and check out a ford ranger seat?

I just bought the wife a 05 Grand Cherokee Limited, going to get a few measurements and see how they would fit.

Meanwhile, anyone check out other options then XJ?

I bought those plastic molded seats b/c they were like $50 each and they s#cked. Like sitting on an old tire was better.

I tried XJ seats and they were too tall.

I've heard suspension seats are the way to go for trail, but getting in and out can be difficult as the sides are raised and without a tilt that doesn't leave much room.

ProjectMJSeat3.jpg

6'0" with XJ "curved" on MJ bench brackets

Here's some blah blah blah I did when trying to have a seat discussion on JeepForum.com...

mjseatdiag.gif

And the bad plastic seats...

plasticseats.jpg<------- DIRT CAT!!!!!

Hey Jage, appreciate the info on the XJ mounting. I too am 6', my truck has tilt but I am to lazy to use it everytime getting in and out, prefer to just leave it.

Been looking at aftermarket seats, may be the way to go, or Jeep liberty seats.

Anyone check out the cheapy leather "raceing seat" that sell on ebay for 99bucks a pair? Just curious.

i'm using xj seats and they're the swivel type..taller than normal xj seats on mj mounts (yes, there are different ones). and i'm 6'1" and don't have a single problem. i've even got an overhead console and such...and it doesn't bother me a bit.

there are Tall TJ seats and short TJ seats... the tall ones are early, and the short ones are later. When I sit in a 2006 I feel like my butt is on the ground, this also gives rise to the "hockey puck" mod popular with late TJs...

And the bad plastic seats...

plasticseats.jpg<------- DIRT CAT!!!!!

There was two generations of those seats. The earlier ones actually were formed to the shape of a real human being - or at least close. The later ones aren't modelled to anything human, and thus hurt like mad.

Oh, and they padding covers for them, which makes them a little better. Still not something I'd sit in for 8 hours.

I'd be interested if anybody finds some seats that are comfortable and I can get out of the wrecking yard. My XJ ones are kinda broken.