Dakota Taillights

Even after reading that writeup, I still don't understand how he made dakota lights fit a comanche without cutting the hole out bigger.

It looks to me like the dakota tail overlaps the MJ tail opening...... sits OVER it, not in it....... if you dig what I'm saying.  But I agree, still seems like some metal modification would be needed.

I really don't think it's terrible. Dakota tails are $30 a pair new, and Comanche tails are often 3x that used, especially outside the forum trading. I'm going to make some buckets for different tails sooner or later for mine. I have 2 pairs of Comanche tails but I've never been able to leave anything stock.

I've often wondered why AMC didn't use XJ tail lamps when designing the MJ. They would have saved a bundle over the years.........

I'm glad they didn't......... makes our trucks that much more unique.  And don't you enjoy the hunt just a little?  I giggle like a school girl whenever I find an MJ tail light....... :D

so does anyone sell a version of those metal ones that are bolt on? If I'm gunna buy a set i don't wana tweak them to fit correctly. I seem to have a the worse luck with these damn plastic ones. Gone through a full set already. 

I've often wondered why AMC didn't use XJ tail lamps when designing the MJ. They would have saved a bundle over the years.........

I'm glad they didn't......... makes our trucks that much more unique.  And don't you enjoy the hunt just a little?  I giggle like a school girl whenever I find an MJ tail light....... :D

I wish I would just giggle... Rather than buying them all.

383717_306059759431518_1796202061_n.jpg

My name is Rob, and I have a problem.

Rob :peek:

I wish I would just giggle... Rather than buying them all.

383717_306059759431518_1796202061_n.jpg

My name is Rob, and I have a problem.

Rob :peek:

That and the rest of his stash is probably just p/o Rob's ever-expanding retirement fund. Good idea IMO too as the return for unobtainium parts down the road will most likely blow the doors off anything you could do in the stock market. Especially the way things are going.   :thumbsup: