Any Good Stereo Setup For Our Comanches?

I'm just curious about how other comanche owners have installed good stereo systems in their Comanches. I absolutely love music. I had a good system in my old Cherokee and I did move what I could to the mj. What has me stumped is subwoofer setup to be great for just normal adding the depth to the music and also you can feel some of the bass. I also what the system to be loud with crisp sound. I'm not big into waking the entire neighborhood with bass but sometimes it is nice to have that punch for those songs that need it. I currently have a kenwood kdc352u that handles my pioneer 5 1/4 I have all around and the tweeters I have up front. It's just the subwoofer I'm stumped about.

I have a Kenwood head driving a pair of 6's in the doors and I stuffed some Pioneer 6x9's in a pair of ammo cans behind thr seats. It actually sounds pretty good. I thought about a sub, but havent felt the need for one after I installed the 6x9's.

I have one of the Bazooka subs that was in my 91. I pulled it out to get more legroom on the passenger side. Loked like it was hooked up but the wiring was loose under the passenger seat. Don't know if it works because I don't have a connection diagram for it. Does anyone have any info on them.

Sorry for the threadjack!

I just made a box out of plywood & mounted a kenwood 10" sub behind the pass seat. Fits in there pretty snug & Even lets the seat go all the way back.

Got Alpine Type-S in the doors.

Nothing fancy, I already spent too much on my home audio setup, Didnt want to go crazy in the truck :yes:

I had high-end speakers (5.25s/tweets/6x9s in little boxes/8" woofer) fed by some fairly powerful amps back in the day, but I never needed any more than an 8" woofer to thump your kidneys into dust.  :D  even a cheap little woofer will do wonders for your sound.

I just listen to the voices in my head.

'

Seriously though, I have Blaupunkt speakers in the door and the rear panels from a 69 Mercedes, mini-tweeters under the dash and a cheap-o Jensen head.  I'm usually too busy listening to clunks, whirrs, and ticks to worry about music...no left ear.

Wow look at you guys and your fancy-schmancy radios ;)

I still have a late-1980s vintage pull-out deck [not faceplate, but entire deck] with cassette player in my dash. It worked until this past winter and now I listen to the music of tires on pavement. Still have a Van Halen Diver Down cassette that works in it [well, until the deck went casters-up, that is].

Wow look at you guys and your fancy-schmancy radios ;)

I still have a late-1980s vintage pull-out deck [not faceplate, but entire deck] with cassette player in my dash. It worked until this past winter and now I listen to the music of tires on pavement. Still have a Van Halen Diver Down cassette that works in it [well, until the deck went casters-up, that is].

X2 for this. 

Still using the OEM "Dolby Surround" cassette head unit. Sound very good with stock sized Kicker / Pioneer speakers. I would recommend using a Kenwood head unit and Kickers all around, as that was the setup a buddy had in his old XJ. Sounded pretty good without being too overbearing.

• 4 weeks later...

If you want something with decent bass, try a Panasonic head unit. I have used kenwood and pioneer, but neither sound right without a sub. I put in a newer Panasonic, and it's like I almost have subs, decent bass, and not tinny either. Just my 2 cents. I'm running it in a 85 civic with 6" Rockfords in the front and cheap 4" in the rear.