Lizard Skin Sound Deadener

Has anyone used this Lizard skin ?? It's a spray on sound deadener that is supposed to be a water barrier also . I was thinking on using it on the floors of my truck instead of the jute padding A.K.A "sponge" . I would like to hear from someone that's used it and had it in there truck / car for an extended period of time to see how it holds up . Thanks in advance .

I used por 15 on my s-10 blazer and wasn't pleased with the results . But yes water= rust. I figured a sound deadener / water barrier on the inside of the floors would kill two birds with one stone . If I used por 15 then Id have to find something to deaden sound . Akula : how long has it been in ? Have you taken a look to see how it's held up? Thanks

Has anyone used lizard skin??

No.

But I would. Spray on insulation is the way of future. Virtually every home I work on now has it.

Thicker is not more......

I just looked at this stuff......looks good......but is not a substitute for carpet pad/backing.

Also, it's a waterborne product, make certain your metal is clean.......clean........clean........or use a solvent based metal primer first.

Thanks Jeep Driver . I plan on putting carpet in on top of the lizard skin . I'll have to live without the jute padding . When I took the old carpet and padding out it was so waterlogged . Atleast when the carpet gets wet in the winter from the snow it'll dry quicker than the padding . I just was wondering how it holds up