Amc Dnr Or Jeep Dolby Oem Radio

Zenobian_84

Looking for two specific radios. First one up is the hard to find AMC Digital Noise Reduction cassette deck offered in Cherokees and possibly Comanches from the mid 80s. Here's a picture of one (taken from Ebay because I have not stumbled across one for some time)

If I can't procure one of the DNR radios, then I'd settle for one of these. Same deal, except being made by Chrysler / Dolby.

Preferably I would like either. They must be working and in good, cosmetic shape (if you still have the plug for the back, I would also like one if possible). Let me know what you have, and we'll work something out. :cheers:

Are these what you're looking for?

Oh man, I don't know how you do it Jim. :bowdown: Do you know if they work by chance? I'm mainly interested in the cassette deck.

Bad news. Neither one of the DNR"s work. I should have checked them B4 I said anything. If you want to take a chance on a shop repairing one I'll send you one for the postage. The Chrysler unit works great. Radio and tape. $40 shipped. Let me know. Sorry about that. Also it's about time for me to hit the P&P. Never know what you'll find there.

I don't have a working radio to offer,

but a question (since there seems to be some radio experts here)

The middle radio & bottom equilizer in this picture were mounted together in a Jeep I once had:

Obviously they are similar to the OEM radio's (like the non-cassette factory radio above them & the DNR you are looking for Red Rocker),

so anyone know what this radio/eq set could have come out of originally?

Someone once said they look like the set that originally came in Conquest TSi's, or something similar (Starions?)

Anyone know?

& sorry for the hi jack, maybe the bump to the top will get someone with the cassette player you're looking for to respond RR :)

• 4 weeks later...

Well, bad news it seems; radio I picked up works, but only plays out of three speakers (Driver front and rear, passenger rear) Tested with another cruddy radio and can get full surround sound, but choppy antennae strength. 

Looking for another of the "Jeep/Dolby" ones I s'pose. In the meantime, I'll make due with what I have, which is still better than what I had before. :cheers:

I don't have a working radio to offer,

but a question (since there seems to be some radio experts here)

The middle radio & bottom equilizer in this picture were mounted together in a Jeep I once had:

Obviously they are similar to the OEM radio's (like the non-cassette factory radio above them & the DNR you are looking for Red Rocker),

so anyone know what this radio/eq set could have come out of originally?

Someone once said they look like the set that originally came in Conquest TSi's, or something similar (Starions?)

Anyone know?

& sorry for the hi jack, maybe the bump to the top will get someone with the cassette player you're looking for to respond RR :)

I want to say the combo could have come out of an old Mitsubishi. I know I've seen that combo somewhere before at the P&P, but can't recall what it came from for the life of me.

Red. Is that the radio I sold you? If so it was working on all four when I removed it from the test bench. Might check the wiring from the back of the radio to the plugs. First get some contact cleaner and spray the Volume, Balance and Fade control. Make sure you use electrical contact cleaner. Then check the wiring. White going to pin H and Black going to pin A. Let me know what happens. Jim

Red. Is that the radio I sold you? If so it was working on all four when I removed it from the test bench. Might check the wiring from the back of the radio to the plugs. First get some contact cleaner and spray the Volume, Balance and Fade control. Make sure you use electrical contact cleaner. Then check the wiring. White going to pin H and Black going to pin A. Let me know what happens. Jim

Yup, that'd be the one. Cleaned up both the Dolby and the DNR radios front to back when I got them in. Wiring is correct, as verified by the other standby Dolby radio I had laying around. Pins are clean, and wires are as they should be. 

My guess is somewhere between CO and FL, somebody was having a rough day and took it out on the box with the radios. Either that or the FL humidity took it's toll on them already.  :dunno:

It's not a big deal though, as the other three speakers work fine in the truck. I'd ask if you ever find another radio in decent shape, to send it my way, for some sheckles of course. Better to collect these things now when I can before they all end up in the crusher.  :ack:

I'm planning on sticking with this setup for a good while; more-so now that I have the ability to listen to my sizeable cassette collection. :yes:

I've got a couple more. One is in my DD. Don't want to get rid of it. Got one on the shelf, condition unknown and a couple still in a Jeep. I'll check them out and get back to ya. I was referring to the wire coming out of the back of the radio to the plug. Sometimes the wire will break, or come loose right at the plug.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is this one you're looking for?

Yup, that would be the one. Do you know if it works, by chance?

No idea, pulled it from a junkyard 87 Cherokee about 1.5 years ago. No idea on price or condition.

Would you be willing to part with it, by chance? Sorry for the delayed response, been busy with Tech school and working all the time. :ack:

Yeah I'd part with it. Make an offer. But I have no guarantee of the condition. I also estimate shipping would be about $12.

I understand being busy, first day off in about 9 days lol. 

How about $15? Also, I feel your pain, believe me. Lol

Yeah I'd part with it. Make an offer. But I have no guarantee of the condition. I also estimate shipping would be about $12.

I understand being busy, first day off in about 9 days lol. 

How about $15? Also, I feel your pain, believe me. Lol

Sounds good to me. PM me or text 315-955-0123.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...