Better Then Oem Suspenion In Rear

If not for the bumper stops........

Mounting similar to the XJ, just in reverse, rear to front rather that front to rear would be the logical approach. I have no spare tire or winch.

I'll look around and measure others to see what will fit. XJ bars are wimpy, can't see how they have much effect.

I'm going to pickup a used rear bar from the yard from an S10 or Blazer for cheap. The dimensions are very close to the ADDCO bar, it mounts the same way, and it's a little beefier. Then fab end link mounts for the frame, either welded or double bolt mounted. I think i will be a better stronger setup. My problem will be real estate. With dual exhausts and a big old spare under there, it's scarce. But per calibrated eyeball it looks like it will fit.

Thank you for replying. My dad is a master mechanic and I know he told me about load levelers (he described them as shocks with an additional coil around them). I tried to find some but came up with nothing. Have you heard/seen anything like this?

What year XJ would I be looking for, for a rear sway arm? How much work would this be to install etc...

All years of the XJ had rear sway bars, except that Jeep didn't use it on the XJs with the optional Up Country (off-road) suspension. I don't think it can be adapted to the MJ -- and it's so skinny I think it would be worthless anyway.

Monroe makes the Load Leveler shocks, but there isn't one listed for the MJ. This was discussed here awhile back. We pretty much decided that there's no listing because adding load carrying capacity would have the effect of defeating the rear height-sensing proportioning valve. But Monroe does make one that's the right length and end fittings to use on an MJ -- you'll have to go to the Monroe web site and surf through the dimensional listings section to find it.

• 2 weeks later...

A better MJ rear sway bar option I think is a rear sway from an S10 or Blazer. The length is correct but the end links and frame mounts would have to be fabbed. One of these days I'll pick one up at the yard.

Image Not Found

No fab necessary, I'll post pics later.

A better MJ rear sway bar option I think is a rear sway from an S10 or Blazer. The length is correct but the end links and frame mounts would have to be fabbed. One of these days I'll pick one up at the yard.

Image Not Found

No fab necessary for a LWB?    :popcorn:

Image Not Found

No fab necessary for a LWB?    :popcorn:

I picked up the Blazer bar today along with some other parts.

All parts have been cleaned and painted.

Will install in the morning and post pics.

Different bar for the LWB........mid 90s Camaro.