Comanche Tracking

Kkilmer87

Has anyone started a thread where people can post up vins and info on there Comanches so we can possibly track all that are left or maybe what happened to them......maybe try to acct for where they all may be......see which state has the most Comanches in it lol.....idk just an idea I cut up a few rotted ones this year figure once there gone there gone but maybe we can track the extinction process hahah....any thoughts or ideas guys .....

I kinda wanna compile a list of those known still on the road and those that are known to be parted I know almost everyone on here prolly has ten of them I bought 9 this year and know where two more are waiting ..... I saw someone ask in the pub how many do you think are still on the road? Figured maybe the club would be the best place to compile some stats

There's only 390 MJs in the registry so far. There were close to 200,000 MJs made in total according to the numbers I've found. That means a fifth of one percent of the total production run is noted on this site. A good ~20% of the MJs in the registry are junkyard finds that have probably been crushed. However, nobody really knows how many MJs or what percentage of them are still left. That said, most registered MJs have a personal connection of some kind to a CC member (who deliberately sought out others to talk about trucks with), so it really isn't a great representation of the total population. Most of the MJs that have been destroyed over the years were wrecked by non CC members and nobody really knows what happened to them.

Interesting question though and I often ponder it myself. I'd guess there's probably about 50,000 MJs still in good condition (not rusting etc) but that's probably wildly inaccurate.

That would be sick my brother could also write a program/database that's what he went to school for .....I just entered my three 86s so far on to the 88 s tomm lol need an 87 90 91 92 to complete my collection lol seems like 88 and 89 are the most common