Who's using steering reinforcement plates or braces?

Casper has the C-rok plates, no cracks, so I gues it does what it is suppose to :dunno:

Pong has a Rigidco bumper that has the box plates and no cracks, so I guess it works :dunno:

But.... I have never had a XJ or MJ develop cracks either :hmm:

I will probably upgrade to hydro assist at some point. Will make a good winter project next year.

I did mine in about 3 days of actual work. And I work killer slow (see my DD thread...).

It is a little more complicated if you're working with a D30 though.

No, because the blokes at NAXJA don't know what they're talking about :roll: . Actually, I think BrettM's route on there works fine. But I don't remember as I looked at it a long time ago. You NEED at least an 8" ram unless you have VERY short steering arms (IIRC, he called for that in his cheap thread). And you should NOT put any washers, blocks, limiters, etc in them. I don't care what they say, that is wrong. You do NOT do that to hydraulic rams. The steering box has its own pressure cutoffs which should be LONG before you break a knuckle.

I went to a local tractor supply and had my hoses made and bought the ram. Drill and tapped a spare box. Then made the brackets. Nothing else to it. Well, I pulled the front axle and steering for welding. The only other kicker is I used a 10"x2" (IIRC) ram because it was on sale.

• 2 weeks later...