Uncommon. Rare. Valuable? Relative. What's It Worth?

NHMJXJ

My Comanche is uncommon.  My rust free Comanche is "Rare".  It's worth more to me than it is to you, but I'm going to ask A LOT when I sell it (my MJ is not for sale, this is rhetorical). 

Not an exact quote, but one of our own recently wrote, "If I'm buying, not more than $500, if I'm selling, not less than $3000".  (Love it!) 

There are 4 MJ's on ebay as I type.  They range from an honest 88 Pioneer listed by a dealer for a ridiculous $5995, to a no reserve auction for a tired plow truck.  Current bid, $525.  The other two are high mileage repaints that are "rare".  The reality is, there's an @$$ for every seat. 

This thread was inspired by the question ... "What's it worth?"  

No, I get it.  I was just crackin' wise.    I don't think 2K is out of line for a truly "rust free" roller.   To find a rust free driver in New England is a challenge, and near impossible to find one under $3000.

There's a rust free roller/runner in southern oregon for 600. Just have to file for lost title. It's electrical is shot, but he's got it running some how and it sounds great. It had a dana 44 rear. and factory bumper (factory brackets) it's a it tweaked. He's parting it out now.

I pulled the tail lights, short bed gas tank skid, tail gate. And I'm to get the rear axle if he doesn't sell it whole. I'm sure if someone offered him 450 he'd take it. And I'd even sell you back the tailgate and lights for what I paid. Keeping the skid.

it's an 88 4x4. I took pictures of it for my reference if anyones interested I can get you his info too. But only if you're going to buy it whole.

I couldn't imagine selling mine for under $6000.  It is not been modified or molested in any way other than a seat/console swap.  I still have a lot more in it than $6000.  The selling price seems to be all over the place.

Interestingly enough, even the old FSJ/J10/J20's don't seem to sell for much compared with how scarce they are.  Maybe no one cares about old jeeps.  Only the new goofy looking ones.

I think the honest answer is that they are worth what someone will pay.    You'll see them low priced all over, and high priced all over.   There seldom seems to be a middle ground regarding these.

to some, they're a collector's car or wheeler.   to others, they're scrap metal