Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I was going to make my Charger's build thread on a forum that was more of its platform... But there are too many adds, or I don't like how the forum is set up or I just can't figure it out..  Pete this Forum is awesome!

 

I purchased the charger 8-5-13, and had a rough start.  The car had intermittent starting issues, but Ford sent it to Dodge for 2 weeks and covered the bill.. The car runs like a champ now!

 

I love the car, it drives great!  

 

1078926_10201450759571433_368756604_o.jp

 

1150570_10201450758091396_94692960_o.jpg

 

1146787_10201450753291276_857250446_o.jp

 

I really need to hand wash and wax it.. 

 

Future plans: Tint the windows, remove the pin stripes, replace the small tires, replace the fog lamps, replace or re-paint the front R/T badge

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Got the scoop off today.  It was not too bad with the right tools.  It was also a 2 person job. I had to enlist the help of my mom lol.
 
Started with this ugly thing..
922476_10202287538770390_1844920369_o.jp
 
To remove it I used a hand held steam cleaner and a 3 foot section of hand braided waxed dental floss.  the scoop was starting to come off by it self any way so that helped some..  i was able to pry up one corner so mom could start directing steam at the tape..  we would alternate steam and the floss tool till we where able to completly remove the scoop.
1465842_10202287553130749_471772454_o.jp
 
after the scoop was removed we used the steamer again to remove the last of the tape.  a credit card was useful in this step.
1415243_10202287552330729_2129733342_o.j
 
893398_10202287552370730_1802541019_o.jp
 
I washed the hood then came back with a clay bar, that removed most of the marks.
1074352_10202287553690763_542893936_o.jp
 
We then used scratch doctor and got most of the remaining marks off. 
1412450_10202287554170775_224674183_o.jp
 
these are the only marks i could not remove and seem to have damaged the paint.  it was caused by a support in the hood scoop.  Thankfully they are not very noticeable.
1403446_10202287555730814_1219914502_o.j
 
I then applied a nice thick layer of wax to the hood.
1401984_10202287555290803_625230979_o.jp
 
And here is the Charger's new look!  I think it is much better without the scoop.
1462638_10202287556810841_1363759205_o.j
 
braiding the floss took the longest of all the work, simply using the strands unbraided would not provide enough strength to actually cut the tape.

Link to post
Share on other sites

And here all along I thought the scoop was functional. Looks sharp without it. Try some rubbing compound on the stubborn marks. Then follow with the clay bar and wax. I'll be following this closely to see if you have any Hemi issues and see what else you do to the car :)

 

What are you doing with the scoop? Willing to sell it? I think it might work as a cowl intake, cut down and flipped around on a MJ/XJ.

Link to post
Share on other sites

And here all along I thought the scoop was functional. Looks sharp without it. Try some rubbing compound on the stubborn marks. Then follow with the clay bar and wax. I'll be following this closely to see if you have any Hemi issues and see what else you do to the car :)

 

What are you doing with the scoop? Willing to sell it? I think it might work as a cowl intake, cut down and flipped around on a MJ/XJ.

 

I tried to reply sooner but the tapatalk app on my iPhone keeps throwing a code....

 

Anyway, I plan to use some rubbing compound like you suggested.

 

As for the cowl hood idea that's awesome! Pm me your zip, and we can work out a price.  Tomorrow I will get some pics with it sitting on the hood of an MJ.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Replaced the battery today.  My gauges where acting up.. when I would start the car the tachometer would drop to 0 then a moment later work like normal, then the gas gauge would do the same.   I wonder if there is a built in test that let's you know the battery is going bad.  When I was heading home the car almost did not start... So I went straight to the auto parts store to test the battery and charging system.  The test that advanced auto did showed it only had 275-350 amps, its was a 650CCA battery.. now I have the police package battery with 1000 CA and 900 CCA.  And everything it working properly again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love it! Because it has the sport suspension it a little stiff (in a good way). The tranny shifts great, and the engine is strong. The seats are awesome! The only issue I had was the security system rejecting the key when I first bought it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good looking car.  Did it have a chin spoiler or something removed?

from the factory it would have had the chin spoiler, however i think the last owner hit a steep drive way, or speed bump and raked it off.  i am also missing a small section of the side skirts on the drivers side.

 

eventually i will get all that replaced, after the new proper sized tires are put on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I decided to play with the 93 octane CAI tune and bumped the shift firmness up as well. The car feels like a new beast, it is awesome!

 

Yesterday i installed a Dball (or Dball2) remote start kit I purchased from ebay. it works like a charm, just press the lock button on the remote 3 times and the car starts.  I still need to hook up the parking lights to the Dball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...